Fairleigh Dickinson University is the largest private (not-for-profit) university in the state of New Jersey (USA) with approximately 12,000 graduate and undergraduate students and more than 100-degree programs ranging from the Associate of Arts (A.A.) to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). The University was founded in 1942 and has four campuses in three countries. The University's two main campuses are located in New Jersey - the Metropolitan Campus in Teaneck-Hackensack (near New York City) and The College at Florham in Florham Park-Madison; its two remaining campuses are international - one in Wroxton, Oxfordshire, England (established in 1965) and the campus in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (established in 2007).
The University's Vancouver campus currently offers THREE accredited professional undergraduate degree programs with majors in Information Technology (BSIT), Business Administration (BBA) and B.A Individualized Studies (BAIS); and TWO accredited professional graduate degree programs namely Masters in Applied Computer Science (MSACS) and Masters in Administrative Sciences (MAS). The Vancouver campus boasts an excellent and dedicated core of full- and part-time faculty; a new, state-of-the art facility; small class sizes; close working relations between students, faculty and staff; and an intensive and unrivaled student support system focused on individual student success.
FDU-Vancouver is seeking candidates for a Lecturer position in the BSIT program starting from Fall 2023. The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
1. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
2. Must hold a PhD degree in one of the following fields of study: Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Information Technology.
3. Having a North American teaching or work experience in software development is preferred.
4. Must be qualified to teach at least EIGHT of the following courses:
· Digital System Design (ENGR2286)
· Data Communication & Computer Networks I (INFO4101)
· Data Communication & Computer Networks II (INFO4102)
· Foundations of Cybersecurity (INFO4410)
· Operating Systems (INFO4278)
· Programming for Internet (INFO4844)
· Information Technology Needs & Assessment Management (INFO4201)
· Linux System Administration (CSCI3274)
· Applied Statistics (MATH2337)
· Discrete Structures (MATH2255)
· Applied Calculus (EGTG2201)
· Modern Technology: Principle, Application & Impact (ENGR3000)
· Management & Engineering Economics (ENGR4210)
· Computer Concepts & Technology (INFO1101)
A detailed position description is available here FDU - Job Site | Lecturer, Information Technology --Vancouver ; and information on FDU and the Vancouver Campus is here: Vancouver Campus | Fairleigh Dickinson University (fdu.edu)
Jobs at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at Fairleigh Dickinson University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Fairleigh Dickinson University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Fairleigh Dickinson University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Fairleigh Dickinson University.