Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The Director of Partnership Development builds market position for Alliant by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business, organizational and university relationships that lead to increased new student inquiries and interest in Alliant degree and certificate programs. The candidate will be responsible for building a stronger image and brand, growing program revenue streams and contributing to Alliant's overall success. This person will also work closely with Admissions, Marketing, Alumni Relations, Faculty and the Dean's Office to ensure strategic coordination of all efforts. Overall, this person develops and maintains strategic, long-term partnerships with corporations, educational institutions, and community organizations.
Applicant must live in Phoenix Metro Area.
Starting Salary: $70,000
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, communications, marketing, English, journalism or related fields required; Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years in sales, marketing, business development or related field. Experience working in higher education, knowledge of psychology programs (if/when working with CSPP), and prior leadership/management experience is preferred. Background with understanding B2B relationship development. Great writing background with the ability to create a compelling narrative.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: valid Driver's License and automobile insurance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Outlook and a CRM (Salesforce), or similar databases.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer-service skills, including sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background.
• Proven ability to work effectively as a team player; highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
• Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Create, execute and maintain a business development portfolio and continuously develop interest and inquiries for degree and certificate programs, and conveys the Alliant University mission, program and strategic initiatives
• Develops and executes quarterly strategic plan.
• Develops and maintains long-term relationships, with corporations, schools and community organizations partnering with them in meeting their educational goals.
• Demonstrates thorough program knowledge as well as industry trends. Able to provide solutions to meet partner's needs.
• Collaborates and marketing, admission's, program directors and deans to develop strategies around lead generation.
• Works directly with students to educate them on the Alliant program offerings and the admission's process.
• Maintains accurate documentation of all activities, contacts and accounts in CRM (Salesforce).
• Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
Direct Reports: None.
Indirect Reports: Business Development Specialist.
Internal: Interacts with supervisor to receive general direction and instructions and/or review of work results. This position will work closely with colleagues in multiple departments (i.e. Admissions, Marketing, Faculty, Program Directors and Deans, Career Services, etc) to support both students and colleagues in achieving student success and Department goals.
External: Interacts with prospective students to provide advice and support. This position will meet with decision-makers/leadership of partner, prospective partner, and community organizations to develop and maintain a business development portfolio.
Primary Work Location, Hours & Travel Requirements:
Office Location: Remote
Travel: up to 75% of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work environment may be is in a standard office setting, if in the office. When in the field, the work environment may change depending upon the partnership, but usually indoors in a meeting or seminar setting. Occasionally may work in an outdoor environment. Frequently exposed to low to moderate noise, various odors, temperature changes, and equipment with moving parts, including but not limited to computers, phones, printers, and other standard office equipment.
Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to, regular sitting and being mobile; continual communicating both in person and on the telephone; regular keyboarding; regular reading of both print and digital material; and all other activities required to perform essential functions. May require lifting and transferring of materials (collateral, banner stands, etc.) up to 50 pounds.
• Responsible to perform all work in a manner that complies with the organization policies, applicable regulations, applicable standards of professional performance, or other recognized laws or requirements as these policies, regulations, standards, laws or requirements relate to the position.
• Responsible to participate and support in the organizational compliance activities and to take appropriate action in reporting issues related to compliance.
• Responsible to perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that complies with the Alliant International University Mission, Values, and Pillars, if applicable.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: Phoenix Metro area
Postal Code: 85022
Job ID: 256377
Jobs at Alliant International University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Alliant International University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Alliant International University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Alliant International University.