University of Idaho
Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment ManagementEmployee Category:
Full TimePosition Summary:
The Career Consultant provides career education/advising to help students and alumni explore and achieve their career goals through teaching career/major exploration courses, delivering presentations/workshops, and individual career advising. Consultants provide a strong connection between Career Services and the college(s) and student populations they are assigned to.Approximately 75% of the time, the Career Consultant will work within the college/department that they are assigned to. They will collaborate with faculty, staff, and administrators in their college(s) in order to identify the career development needs of students and the best methods for providing these services.. Depending on the college's specific needs, service delivery could include but are not limited to, 1-on-1 client appointments/consultations, teaching major/career decision-making classes, conducting class presentations and workshops, training/supervising peer career advising interns, and assisting with professional development and networking events.For the remaining 25% of their time, the Career Consultant will work in Career Services as a member of the Career Advising Team (CAT) to provide general career education/advising services for students during drop-in hours and at Career Services sponsored events. Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience composing and editing business documents
- 1 year experience advising, mentoring, or supervising secondary or post secondary students.
- Experience speaking publicly, presenting information to individuals, small, and large groups.
- Master’s degree in Communication, English, Counseling, Higher Education Administration, Adult Education, Business Education, Human Resources, Career and Technical Education or related field
Skills and Abilities:
- Previous field or industry experience in liberal arts and/or social science as well as equity and diversity
- Professional work experience in career counseling, advising/mentoring, student development, or career education, or in the industries related to their college assignment
- Past participation in experiential learning activities such as internships, co-ops, service projects/national service programs, study abroad, research, national exchanges, or student leadership activities
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:Required Licensures, Certifications or otherPosting Number:
- Knowledge of and experience using career recruitment databases and on-line career information systems, including, but limited to: Handshake, Symplicity, CSO/Career Ladders, O*NET, Occupational Outlook, Idaho CIS, EMSI, or related systems
- Knowledge of and experience using job boards and social media for professional networking and job searches
- Ability to work effectively on a team and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
03/13/2023Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
This position is posted as open until filled, however, applications submitted on or before March 27, 2023 will receive first consideration.
Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This posting will be used to hire two (2) positions that will work in the College of Engineering/Equity & Diversity Units and the College of Business & Economics/College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences.Applicants:
Please use your letter of qualification
to explain in detail how your work experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and preferred qualifications as listed in the position description. Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among the other applicants for this position.
For resources about how to write a letter of qualification
, please visit the HR website here: Applicant Resources – Careers | University of Idaho (uidaho.edu) Background Check:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.eduEEO Statement
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at the University of Idaho. When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of Idaho, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Idaho and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Idaho are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Idaho