A full-time faculty is responsible for delivering instruction in various formats (on-line, in person, video-conferencing, or any combination of methods) in the discipline(s) for which she/he has been employed. Instruction may take place at any of the college’s campuses, at a clinical partner facility, or at a designated temporary location. Faculty also provide academic advising and facilitate student success. Technology tools are routinely used to communicate with and support students.
Faculty participate in divisional and institutional activities related to the college’s mission, engage with communities of interest, and promote college programs.
All positions are onsite-in-person unless specifically noted.
1. Deliver instruction in a variety of modes, including on-line, and evaluate student learning.
2. Maintain an environment conducive to learning.
3. Be responsible for course and, when appropriate, laboratory preparation.
4. Actively participate in curriculum and program development, revision and evaluation.
5. Provide academic advising to students with an emphasis on retention and success.
6. Remain current in the teaching area(s) through appropriate professional development activities.
7. Actively participate on divisional and institutional committees.
8. Collaborate in building and maintaining relationships within and beyond the institution.
9. Contribute appropriately to pursuit and achievement of program, division, and institutional mission and strategy.
1. Actively participate in institutional and, as appropriate, community activities that support the institution's mission.
2. Support and follow Columbia State's, TBR and other applicable policies and guidelines.
3. Continue to develop professionally.
4. Utilize technology as a tool for enhancement of operation, instruction and services.
1. Bachelors degree in Nursing
2. BLS/AHA CPR certification or higher (ACLS/PALS)
3. Tennessee RN License (or immediately eligible)
4. 3 years recent clinical experience serving a diverse population
5. Masters degree in Nursing preferred
6. Higher Education experience beneficial
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
The ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English and in the language in which the course is taught; the knowledge and/or experience to instruct using a variety of instructional delivery modes; the ability to relate to a diverse faculty, staff and student population; the ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and community members; the ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Faculty members are expected to be available for day and evening classes and for assignments at any of the institution's centers or sites. Normal sitting and movement in a classroom and the ability to manipulate and move audiovisual equipment both in the classroom and from one location to another.
About Columbia State Community College:
As Tennessee’s first community college (established in 1966), Columbia State is committed to increasing access and enhancing diversity at all five of our campuses. Columbia State is a member of the Tennessee Board of Regents. Columbia State is known for excellence both inside and outside the classroom.
Columbia State offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to the following:
Columbia State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age (as applicable), status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other category protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Director of Human Resources
1665 Hampshire Pike, Columbia, TN 38401
Jobs at Columbia State Community College. When inquiring or applying for positions at Columbia State Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Columbia State Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Columbia State Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Columbia State Community College.