University of La Verne
Assistant/Associate Professor, School Psychology (Tenure Track)
Job Description Summary:
The LaFetra College of Education recognizes the need to develop leaders and educators who can apply research-based approaches to practice while maintaining the social consciousness to address inequities in current societal structures. With that in mind, the School Psychology Program seeks candidates with a strong emphasis in diversity, inclusivity, and social justice. Candidates must possess knowledge of the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) Model for Comprehensive and Integrated School Psychological Services, NASP Practice Model Organizational Principles, and the NASP Ethics codes. Additionally, candidates must have a strong record of experience within the K-12 education system, facility in higher education teaching and leadership demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with faculty, administrators, school district personnel, and community partners. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the position includes academic advising and administrative support in the School Psychology Program. This faculty position will be instrumental in supporting the expansion of the program to our Regional and Online Campuses.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement. If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne! Specific Duties:
- Teach courses in the School Psychology program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with PK-12 districts.
- Participate in oversight of state credentialing (CCTC) requirements for the School Psychology program, as well as university program reviews.
- Implementation of the Program and College Missions, and the University’s Mission and Strategic Vision.
- Advisement of program students as assigned by the program chair.
- Attendance at university, college, department, and program meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the program chair.
- Participate in panel interviewing of student candidates.
- Coordinate school psychology student organization and serve as point of contact for students.
- Service cohorts through classroom visitations, maintaining office hours, and scheduling appointments.
- The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate in School Psychology, Education or a related field, professional experience and documented achievement commensurate with a tenure track position in education
- Minimum of three years’ experience in school psychology K-12
- Experience working with a diverse school faculty, families, and student population, working knowledge of IDEA, NASP Practice Model, and promotion of positive behavior/mental health in schools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong leadership capabilities and a demonstrated commitment to integrity and fairness.
- Knowledge of current pedagogy and skills in the use of technology in online teaching environment and student data bases in schools
- Possession of a currently valid Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential – School Psychology
- Experience in teaching and/or working with adult learners.
La Verne Central CampusSpecial Instructions:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.eduInstitutional Profile
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientationCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Jobs at the University of La Verne. When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of La Verne, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of La Verne and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of La Verne are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of La Verne