Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer
Missouri Western State University, located in St. Joseph, Missouri, just 45 minutes north of Kansas City, invites applicants for our Assistant Women's Soccer Coach position opening. The Assistant Women's Soccer Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Women's Soccer Coach with all facets of creating a successful women's soccer program.
Missouri Western is an NCAA Division II institution, which successfully competes in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) in 16 sports and Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) in 1 sport.
- Assists with the coaching, organization, administration and development of a successful collegiate athletic program.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of details in all aspects of the Women's soccer program.
- Monitor the mental and physical health of student-athletes.
- Assist in monitoring the academic performance of student-athletes.
- Recruit and build relationships with prospects that are identified by the staff as good fits for MWSU via phone, text and in person communications.
- Organize and produce scouting reports on opponents in a manner determined by head coach.
- Represents the University at campus, alumni and community functions.
- Travel as needed to on and off campus games, work alternative work schedules, including evenings and weekends.
- Comply with all rules and regulations of the NCAA, the MIAA, Missouri Western State University, as well as those of the team.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of the sport.
- Knowledge of the specific skills required for each position.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to develop relationships with student-athletes and prospective recruits.
- Ability to coach student-athletes.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and other general office equipment.
- Organized thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously .
- Bachelor's Degree
- A valid driver's license is required
- Previous soccer coaching or playing experience at the collegiate level
- Prior training on CPR/First Aid
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
- Regular travel is required.
- Regular nighttime and weekend work is required.
Hours of Work
Schedule will vary
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at Missouri Western State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .