Columbia State Community College periodically hires temporary custodial employees. All temporary custodial positions are on an as needed basis. Assignments/positions will vary in schedule and location and may include:
- Continuous maintenance of building cleanliness as prescribed by supervisor.
- Sweep, mop, and buff all stairs, corridors and floors.
- Vacuum carpets, wash windows, polish furniture, clean woodwork, clean water fountains and empty cigarette waste collectors.
- Empties trash containers and keep them clean and sanitized.
- Clean and disinfect bathroom walls, floors and fixtures.
- Replenish bathroom supplies.
- Minor maintenance activities on custodial equipment and facilities.
- Perform furniture set-ups to support special events.
- Assists in moving offices and activities as necessary.
- Clean building entries and walks, this will include sweeping, litter pick-up and snow removal as necessary for entry safety and appearance.
Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- Successful completion of 8th grade, including ability to read and comprehend written instructions on chemical cleaning labels and other oral and written instructions.
- Custodial experience in a similar environment.
- Should be able to operate cleaning equipment, i.e., floor machine, high-speed buffer and floor scrubber.
- Flexible working hours (depends on building assigned).
- Moderate standing, walking, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and pushing.
- Occasional work outside.
- Exposure at times to cleaning chemicals and fumes.
- Daily exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Heavy lifting, moving furniture, boxes and equipment across campus.
- Required to undergo an employment and motor vehicle background check.
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Columbia State Community College. When inquiring or applying for positions at Columbia State Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Columbia State Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Columbia State Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Columbia State Community College.