Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
Under the general direction of the Academic Program Directors (or other identified staff member) the Academic Program Coordinator (APC) will work to ensure the success and support of Alliant's academic degree programs. The APC performs a variety of academic program coordination functions to supplement and enhance the academic experience, student retention, strategic planning and program development.
The APC is a program support "generalist" position that requires a high level of interface with campus constituencies including, but not limited to, program directors, academic advisors, faculty and staff.
The incumbent must be able to organize and plan work and be capable of handling multiple assignments; prioritizing them in a constantly changing work environment. This position requires multi-tasking abilities, exceptional interpersonal/cross-cultural communication skills, the ability to complete tasks with accuracy and meet deadlines and take the initiative and demonstrate the ability to effectively problem-solve.
The APC will be responsible for assisting program directors and faculty in the ongoing improvement of program related operating processes, procedures and protocols to operationalize and maintain academic standards, efficiencies and service to students. They will ensure open lines of communication with campus departments to proactively resolve student issues and provide exceptional customer service. The APC handles sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, discretion and judgment; and must exhibit a high level of professionalism.
Starting Salary: $53,000
Education: Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from an accredited four-year college or university,or an Associate's degree and four years of higher education academic support experience.
Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience in a post-secondary institution preferred; similar experience will be considered.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: None.
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, Campus Nexus Student or other similar applications as well as the ability to learn new programs.
• Possess strong organizational skills and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to work with a diverse student, faculty and community is essential.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented organization.
• Individual must possess superior interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
• Excellent customer-service skills, including sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background.
• Ability to work independently and proactively problem-solve using effective communication and appropriate university resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Collaborates with Program Directors to establish and maintain program goals, conduct program assessment, curriculum reviews and support external accreditation activities. Develops and implements ongoing improvement strategies to support program development and academic standards.
• Provides administrative support to departmental committees and processes, including but not limited to SERC (Student Evaluation & Review Committee), comprehensive exams, budgeting, annual reports, adjuncts, independent contractor paperwork/contracts, and student worker hiring.
• Assists with departmental outreach, including editing materials for catalog, website, manuals, handbooks, marketing. Partners with Admissions and Marketing to assist with Open Houses and outreach initiatives. Collaborates with campus constituents on student development workshops and participation in New Student Orientation and Commencement.
• Uses independent judgement to prioritize project to ensure efficiency, program success and the student experience. Collaborates with Student Advisors (SSA) to ensure a positive student experience. Interfaces with the Registrar and Program Directors to ensure timely and accurate information regarding course offerings, textbook requirements, syllabi, etc. are available to students.
• May serve as an alternate Designated Student Official (DSO); typical duties include interfacing with SEVIS Agents and International Students, provide administrative support to ensure compliance with International regulations.
• Works collaboratively with clinical coordinators regarding data entry and data maintenance in Time 2 Track software.
• Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
Direct Reports: None.
Indirect Reports: None.
Internal: Interacts with supervisor to receive direction and instructions and/or review of work results. This position with work closely with colleagues as well as other Departments, Academic degree programs, Program Directors and Faculty.
External: Interacts with prospective adjunct faculty and community partners.
Primary Work Location, Hours & Travel Requirements:
Office Location: On Campus.
Work Hours: Hybrid. Remote on Friday with the possiblity of an additional remote day based on business needs. Standard office hours, may be required to work occasional evening/weekend hours.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 95833
Job ID: 258024
Jobs at Alliant International University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Alliant International University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Alliant International University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Alliant International University.