Prairie View A&M UniversityAssociate/Full Professor & Executive Director (Integrated Food Security Research Center)Job Title
Associate/Full Professor & Executive Director (Integrated Food Security Research Center)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Ag. Nutrition & Human EcologyProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
Provide leadership in the area of Food Security, a rapidly-growing signature program of the College of Agriculture and Human Sciences (CAHS). Serve as Executive Director of the Integrated Food Security Research Center (IFSRC) which has been funded at a level of $ 5.3 M by the Chancellor of the Texas A&M University System as part of the Chancellor's Research Initiative (CRI). Establish a vigorous, nationally-recognized research agenda in the areas of food security and human nutrition, oversee the completion of the campus Food Security Center, and obtain external funding in these areas. The initial teaching commitment will be 1-2 undergraduate and/or graduate courses per year in these areas. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to mentor students, lead curriculum and course development in these areas, and promote student engagement through service and experiential learning. Must also participate in college, university, community outreach, and professional service.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Provide leadership in the area of food security including serving as Director of the Integrated Food Security Research Center.
- Capitalize on current and emerging research to promote our understanding of new and applied science knowledge to improve food security in the State of Texas, primarily for underserved and low resource communities, and publish results of this research in refereed journals, and acquire externally funded grants and contracts for relevant research projects.
- Teaching courses and mentoring students in Human Nutrition and Foods (HUNF).
- Engage in service activities with colleagues, the department, college, university, community and professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Ph.D. in Food Science, Food Technology, or closely related fields.
- An established track record of research experience in areas such as food safety, food product development, or food processing.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in an academic setting including a research and teaching record that will justify tenure and appointment at the rank of associate or full professor.
Job Closing Date:
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills and a strategic vision to provide direction to the IFSRC.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Strong record of peer-reviewed publications and success in securing external grants for research projects.
- Engagement with professional organizations in the discipline, commodity groups and/or service organizations.
Open until FilledRequired Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-TX/Associate-Full-Professor---Executive-Director--Integrated-Food-Security-Research-Center-_R-032311?workerSubType=0e1cd8ed3502012ddf607157e74b7d04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020103f9b47257e74b7f04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed350201da3af87057e74b7c04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020108df607157e74b7e04About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Jobs at Prairie View A&M University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University