Adjunct Faculty positions are Part-Time positions filled on an as-needed basis. McLennan Community College is accepting applications for the following disciplines:
ARTS & SCIENCES
THE FOLLOWING DISCIPLINES REQUIRE A MASTER'S DEGREE WITH AT LEAST 18 HOURS IN THE FIELD TO BE TAUGHT.
- Communication Studies (Speech)
THE FOLLOWING DISCIPLINES REQUIRE A BACHELOR'S DEGREE WITH A MAJOR OR MINOR IN THE DISCIPLINE TAUGHT OR IN A CLOSELY RELATED AREA.
- Integrated Reading & Writing Development: INSTRUCTORS NEEDED WITH AVAILABILITY DURING WORK WEEK, BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00 AM AND 5:00 PM.
- Associate Degree Nursing Clinical Instructor: Minimum Requirements include a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, three years' experience in a clinical setting, and a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas. A Master's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Instructor: Minimum Requirements include a High School Diploma/GED. Licensed Vocational Nurse with current Texas License, one year of nursing experience in a nursing home.
- Medical Assisting Instructor: Minimum requirements include an AAS degree in Medical Assisting (Bachelor's Degree in health related field preferred), and 2 years' experience in a clinical setting (administrative experience preferred).
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA): Associate's Degree is required. Must be currently Texas Licensed OTA with previous employment as a Licensed OTA with 2 years clinical experience. Will also accept an OT with a Bachelor's Degree and 1 year of previous employment experience, as well as current Texas licensure as an OT.
- Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA): Associate Degree is required. Must be currently licensed in Texas as PTA, with 1 year of clinical experience.
- Surgical Technology Clinical Instructor: Minimum Requirements include possession of the CST credential in the field of Surgical Technology, and two years' experience. Experience may be in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or any combination of both, within the last five years.
- Computer Information Systems: Master's Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field is required when instructing transferrable courses. Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS accepted when teaching other CIS courses. Must have a minimum of three years professional work experience in the field.
- Interpreter Training: Master's Degree in appropriate field is required when instructing transferrable courses, and Bachelor's Degree is required for other Interpreter Training Courses. Certification: Board for the Evaluation of Interpreters (BEI) Advanced, Level III, Level III-i, or the equivalent. Three years of recent work experience in the field of interpreting and/or training interpreters.
- Mental Health/Social Work: Master's Degree in a Social Work or related area from an accredited college or university. Must be a Licensed Master Social Worker and/or Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor and have three years of recent work experience in the field of mental health and/or social services or related areas.
- Hospitality Instructor: Associate's Degree in Hospitality is required. Must have a minimum of three years professional work experience in the field.
For all 3 semester hour courses, which ordinarily meet 3 lecture hours per week in a long semester (3.00 load hours), salaries range between $2,154 and $2,961 depending on the instructor's degree. All other salaries are based on MCC's Summer School and Part-Time salary schedule http://www.mclennan.edu/employees/policy-manual Click for Faculty Schedule. Credit is not given for experience.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- A completed MCC Application for Employment form (Go to www.mclennan.edu/employment to download the employment application.)
- Photocopies of College Transcripts
*NOTE:: For the purpose of the application process, Official or Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Unofficial transcripts must be verifiable by either a College Seal or URL web address. If you are selected for the position Official Transcripts will be required at that time.
Human Resources will forward your application materials to the departments(s) for which you are applying. After review of your qualifications/experience, the department will contact you directly if your credentials meet departmental requirements. Separate application materials are required for each position for which you are applying.
*NOTE: this is a security Sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for this position.
For application information, contact the Human Resources Office at 1400 College Dr., Waco, TX 76708, Telephone 254.299.8611, E-mail MCCJobs@mclennan.edu
MCC provides equal opportunities to all individuals and does not discriminate against any individual regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or other legally protected category in its educational programs, activities, or employment. http://www.mclennan.edu/employees/policy-manual/docs/E-XXXIV.pdf
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McLennan Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com