Part-time/temporary faculty positions are needed to assist a diverse group of adult nursing students in achieving their educational goals in clinical application sites throughout the program.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
- Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Assist with student learning and performance of clinical skills-- utilizing safety at all times.
- Utilize hospital documentation methodologies-computers and use Internet and Interactive Technologies as needed.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Assignments may include day, evening, and weekends, at clinical sites.
- Must meet one of the following qualifications under (a) through (c):
- Valid California Community College instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990) AND must meet the minimum Assistant Instructor qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing;
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited institution AND must meet the minimum Assistant Instructor qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Or, possess a combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent to the above. Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency in addition to all other required materials. Please see Additional Information below to determine if you need to submit an Application for Equivalency.
2. Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the clinical environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
3. Must meet direct patient care experience within the previous five years in nursing to which he or she is assigned, which can be met by one year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated area or one academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated area or its equivalent.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS NEEDED
- Current American Heart Association C.P.R. certification.
- Current PPD or chest x-ray.
- Current Flu Vaccine as needed (depending on seasonal requirements).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to orientate and work with an assigned teaching team or clinical site as needed.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance and reliability.
- Ability to work with computers, use Internet and Interactive technologies to engage students.
Conditions of Employment
- Masters in Nursing is preferred.
- Recent community college or lower division clinical and/or teaching experience.
- Expertise and professional experience in field of course(s) to be taught.
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. Part-time faculty applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individual's interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self- disclose.
Based on LHE (Lecture Hour Equivalent) in accordance with the current Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule.Additional Information
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (upload as a separate attachment - PDF recommended).
- If needed, an Application for Equivalency. Please see below for details to determine if you are required to submit an Application for Equivalency.
Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCY
Candidates applying under Equivalency must complete and upload an Application for Equivalency
, along with a narrative and supporting documentation, to their online employment application. Applications will be reviewed by the Equivalency Committee in that discipline area, as needed, to determine if Equivalency will be granted to the applicant, after which you will be notified.
· Application for Equivalency (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader)
To see the Minimum Qualifications
(MQ) for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges, please click on the link below.
· California Community Colleges MQ Handbook (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader)Who needs to apply for Equivalency? 1)
Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions, but do not meet the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader)
, may still apply to the position under an Equivalency. Applying on the basis of Equivalency means that the applicant feels they have a combination of education and/or experience that would be equivalent to the state minimum qualifications, allowing them to teach under the discipline. Candidates must complete and upload an Application for Equivalency
, along with supporting documentation, to their online employment application. 2)
Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions and their required degrees are not yet posted
on their transcripts at the time of application must attach a completed Application for Equivalency
to their online application.**
Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions and are submitting foreign transcripts must also submit a U.S. evaluation and translation
from a NACES member organization. Please attach these documents to your online application.**
· NACES member organizations
Additionally, in order to establish salary/class placement of hired faculty with the Coast Community College District, unless the degree is a doctorate in the discipline being taught, the highest class placement will be calculated by the number of upper division/graduate units earned past a bachelor's/master's degree. When requesting foreign transcripts to be evaluated, it is the applicant/employee's responsibility to request to have the specific units evaluated
as well (i.e., include the number of units earned per course and the level of the course taken [upper division, graduate, lower division, undergraduate, etc.]).Note
: The above information does not apply to Law degrees (J.D.). All J.D. degrees must be earned from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the California Bar Association (CBA).Additional Information:
- Any foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation and be attached to the completed application.
- Regulations governing employment procedures require a completed District online application form and other required documents as stipulated in the application instructions for all positions.
- Carefully read all application instructions and complete all required documents.
- Be sure to review your application for accuracy and completeness before submitting. Changes cannot be made to your online application after it has been submitted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure all application fields and materials are complete.
- Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
- All documents submitted with your District employment application become property of the Coast Community College District and will not be returned. (Do not send original transcripts, official documents, or other materials if you are not requested to do so).
- Supplemental application materials and additional information may be requested. It is important to carefully read all the vacancy instructions and provide complete answers.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College
, Golden West College
, and Orange Coast College
. The three colleges offer programs in transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
This direct link 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR)
is the 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Coast Colleges. The crime statistics for calendar years 2017, 2018, and 2019 were submitted to the U.S. Department of Education as required under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. A hardcopy can be provided from one of the Campus Safety Offices. Please contact any of the Campus Safety Offices for any questions regarding the report.Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency