Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Orange County.
- Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, on-line and/or off-campus classes.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
a. For service as a community college counselor of students with disabilities shall be satisfied by meeting one of the following requirements:
1. Master's degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in rehabilitation counseling.
2. Master's degree, or equivalent foreign degree in special education AND twenty four or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, or social work.
3. Master's degree in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, career development, or social welfare AND either twelve or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work specifically in counseling or rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities or two years of full-time experience, or the equivalent, in one or more of the following:
b. For service as a community college faculty member teaching a credit course in adapted physical education shall be the minimum qualifications for an instructor of credit physical education, and fifteen semester units of upper division or graduate study in adapted physical education.
c. For service to work with students with speech and language disabilities shall be satisfied by meeting the following requirements:
1. Possession of a masters degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in speech pathology and audiology, or communication disorders.
2. Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a speech pathologist or audiologist by the Medical Board of California.
d. Except as provided in Subsections (a) through (c) above, the minimum requirements for service as a community college faculty member to provide credit specialized instruction for students with disabilities shall be satisfied by meeting the following requirements:
1. Possession of a master's degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in the category of disability, special education, education, psychology, educational psychology, or rehabilitation counseling.
2. Fifteen semester units of upper division study in the area of disability, to include, but not be limited to:
e. For service as a faculty member to provide noncredit specialized instruction for students with disabilities shall be any one of the following:
1. The minimum qualifications for providing credit specialized instruction for students with disabilities as specified in this section.
2.A bachelor's degree with and of the following majors: education of students with specific or multiple disabilities; special education; psychology; physical education with an emphasis in adaptive physical education; communicative disorders; rehabilitation; computer-based education; other related majors which include course work on adapted or assistive computer technology for students with disabilities; other majors related to providing specialized instruction or services to persons with disabilities.
3. An associate degree with one of the majors specified in subparagraph (2) above; and four years of experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons in the disability category or categories being served.
4.For noncredit vocational courses, an associate degree or certificate of training; and four years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught; and two years of experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons in the disability category being served.
Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Recent community college or lower division teaching experience.
2. Expertise and professional experience in field of course(s) to be taught.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. Part-time faculty applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- Part-time Faculty Employment Application
- Current Resume
- Application for Equivalency (if applicable)
Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Based on LHE (Lecture Hour Equivalent) in accordance with the current Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
This direct link 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is the 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Coast Colleges. The crime statistics for calendar years 2017, 2018, and 2019 were submitted to the U.S. Department of Education as required under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. A hardcopy can be provided from one of the Campus Safety Offices. Please contact any of the Campus Safety Offices for any questions regarding the report.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Jobs within the Coast Community College District. When inquiring or applying for positions within the Coast Community College District, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities within the Coast Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs within the Coast Community College District are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings within the Coast Community College District