Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Orange County.
- Provide quality instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Create and maintain an environment which emphasizes teaching and learning and encourages free discussion of ideas, interests and issues.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, on-line and/or off-campus classes.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
1. Must meet one of the following qualifications under (a) through (d):
a. Valid California Community College instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990);
b. Master's degree from an accredited institution in anthropology or archaeology.
c. Bachelor's degree in either anthropology or archaeology AND master's degree in sociology, biological sciences, forensic sciences, genetics or paleontology from an accredited institution.
d. Or, possess a combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent to the above. Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency in addition to all other required materials. Please see Additional Information below to determine if you need to submit an Application for Equivalency.
2. Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. Part-time faculty applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application as this is a continuous recruitment and the applications in this pool will be reviewed by the College Dean/Hiring Manager on an as-needed basis.
Based on LHE (Lecture Hour Equivalent) in accordance with the current Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCY
Candidates applying under Equivalency must complete and upload an Application for Equivalency, along with a narrative and supporting documentation, to their online employment application. Applications will be reviewed by the Equivalency Committee in that discipline area, as needed, to determine if Equivalency will be granted to the applicant, after which you will be notified.
· Application for Equivalency (Download PDF reader)
To see the Minimum Qualifications (MQ) for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges, please click on the link below.
· California Community Colleges MQ Handbook (Download PDF reader)
Who needs to apply for Equivalency?
1) Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions, but do not meet the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges (Download PDF reader), may still apply to the position under an Equivalency. Applying on the basis of Equivalency means that the applicant feels they have a combination of education and/or experience that would be equivalent to the state minimum qualifications, allowing them to teach under the discipline. Candidates must complete and upload an Application for Equivalency, along with supporting documentation, to their online employment application.
2) Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions and are submitting foreign transcripts must attach a completed Application for Equivalency to their online application. Additionally, any foreign transcripts must be accompanied by a U.S. evaluation and translation from a NACES member organization. Please attach these documents to your online application, also.
· NACES member organizations
3) Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions and their required degrees are not yet posted on their transcripts at the time of application must attach a completed Application for Equivalency to their online application.
Additionally, in order to establish salary/class placement of hired faculty with the Coast Community College District, unless the degree is a doctorate in the discipline being taught, the highest class placement will be calculated by the number of upper division/graduate units earned past a bachelor's/master's degree. When requesting foreign transcripts to be evaluated, it is the applicant/employee's responsibility to request to have the specific units evaluated as well (i.e., include the number of units earned per course and the level of the course taken [upper division, graduate, lower division, undergraduate, etc.]).
Note: The above information does not apply to Law degrees (J.D.). All J.D. degrees must be earned from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the California Bar Association (CBA).
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College, Golden West College, and Orange Coast College. The three colleges offer programs in transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Jobs within the Coast Community College District. When inquiring or applying for positions within the Coast Community College District, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities within the Coast Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs within the Coast Community College District are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings within the Coast Community College District