Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities
This position leads the development of adult basic education and high school diploma. The position has a direct and measurable impact on the achievement of identified priority outputs and outcomes in the strategic plan.
A Director of Adult Basic Education and GED is responsible for:
- The development, supervision and enhancement of ABE, alternative high school diploma, family literacy, basic skills and post-secondary education course offerings and programs to address adult basic education and workforce needs.
- Oversee grant funded activities to ensure alignment with the requirements of the grant.
- Ensure student outcomes are assessed and monitored each quarter and as required by funding and grant requirements.
- Oversee all aspects of these programs including, but not limited to, curriculum development, contract arrangements staff, budget development, students assessments retention sand success.
- Work in partnership with college credit department to establish linkages and program services to strengthen transition to post-secondary education for students.
- Establish new partnerships with key community leaders and workforce training partners.
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Baltimore City Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com