The University of the South Pacific seeks a strong leader to direct and oversee all aspects of the USP Marshall Islands Campus. As the University’s representative in Marshall Islands, the Campus Director is expected to maintain close links with relevant Government Departments and Ministries and to expedite communication between the Government and the University, liaise closely with the schools, sponsors, donors and other stakeholders, as well as media organisations.
The Campus Director will primarily be responsible for providing strong leadership to direct and oversee all aspects of the Marshall Islands Campus including promoting the University’s mission, and implementing the University’s Strategic Plan; promote and explain the role of USP as a premier provider of Tertiary Education and fully-engage in assisting social and economic development in the region; teaching University courses; ensure that the University remains attuned to regional, national and international needs and developments within its member countries.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD and experience in Education related field;
- Extensive work experience in the Pacific region in the area of educational development, with a sound understanding of university management and administration; and/or
- 3 years teaching experience in a Higher Educational Institute.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Successful years of work experience in flexible teaching, knowledge of distance, flexible and continuing education programmes, innovative and have up to date pedagogical knowledge in learning techniques in a tertiary institution;
- Willingness to work at another Campus for at least a semester as part of Job rotation exercise;
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools;
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including, organising, prioritising, and scheduling work assignments;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to foster a cooperative work environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems and standards
- Employee development and performance management skills;
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures; ability to negotiate and manage contractual agreements; and
- Self-motivated, a team player, change-oriented, with a strong attention to detail, results focused, committed to the organisation and a person of integrity.
Enquiries and further information: Dr Giulio Masasso Paunga, Vice President (RC and P&F), ph: (679) 32 31684; fax: ; email: email@example.com
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: The University will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful applicant.
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.