Department: Institutional Research & Effectiveness
Recruitment #: S1948
Application Deadline: Review begins November 5, 2019. Position open until filled.
Western Oregon University’s offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities. http://www.wou.edu/hr/benefits/
This is a regular, 12-month, full-time, unclassified position in the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness at Western Oregon University in Monmouth. The Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness collects, analyses and disseminates information in a timely, accurate, and consistent matter on all aspects of the University’s activities in support of institutional planning, decision-making, and reports. The Office is also responsible for submission of reports to external agencies and responds to information requests and need for analysis from internal constituencies. https://www.wou.edu/institutionalresearch/
- The IR Analyst assists the IR Director in providing data and analysis to units across the University, including analysis ranging from descriptive analyses to predictive modeling and forecasting.
- This position assists the IR Director in producing sound statistical findings, as well as communicating and disseminating results in meaningful ways to multiple audiences through summary reports, dashboards, and interactive online data displays.
- The Analyst assists the IR Director in working with the Board of Trustees, senior administration, and university departments and units to determine data and analysis needs, formulate research plans, and execute the plans in order to assist the various areas in their own decision-making process.
- This position assists the IR Director in required reporting to external bodies
- The Analyst assists the IR Director in preparing for, and executing requests from various University committees and task forces
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., mathematics, social science, quantitative studies, information systems, etc)
- Minimum of two (2) years related work experience (e.g., institutional research, data analysis, management of data sets, etc.)
- Proficiency in Base SAS
- Exposure to large datasets, querying tools, and/or database programming language such as SQL, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Demonstrated experience in research, communicating effectively both written and oral, and exercising sound and reasoned judgment
- Comfort or experience with the higher education culture and environment and with a public sector employer
- Comfort and experience working with a chief executive and/or senior administrator
- Advanced degree, such as MA, MS, or Ph.D., in a relevant field
- Experience with institutional research
- Experience with SPSS, STATA, R and/or Tableau
**A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application available at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community
- Contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials to:
S1948, IR Analyst, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR fax to: 503-838-8144
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Western Oregon University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Open Until Filled