Job Title: CUNY 2X Academic Program Specialist (Campus Specialist) - Computer Science
Job ID: 21224
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY 2x Tech is a $20M Mayoral initiative to double the number of tech bachelors awarded by public colleges by 2022. It entails a comprehensive investment in the instruction, advising, and experience that is essential to prepare New Yorkers for 21st-century tech jobs in NYC. All CUNY 2x Tech faculty and staff members will play a critical role in ensuring that the college’s tech education is aligned with industry demand. The role will involve significant work directly with NYC-based industry partners and the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline to review curricula, provide feedback on students’ job-readiness, teach in the classroom, and ensure that overall tech education provided by the college is preparing students with the academic and career readiness skills they need to succeed.
The Department of Computer Science at Brooklyn College seeks an Academic Program Specialist to align, accomplish, and extend the mission of CUNY 2x Tech. The Academic Program Specialist (Campus Specialist) will report to the Department Chair of Computer Science. In addition to the duties within CUNY Title Overview, the Academic Program Specialist responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to accomplish CUNY 2x Tech goals and objectives and support for students' specialized needs in the Department of Computer Science.
- Manage delivery of services across multiple functions in the School of Natural and Behavioral Science and outreach other divisions to improve CUNY 2x Tech missions.
- Collaborate effectively with staff and faculty to realize academic support for students in the Department of Computer Science.
- Support and hold periodic meetings with industry partners, program advisory board, advocates for students, and academic partners to ensure the program’s effectiveness.
- Maintain communications with student population to gain the feedback of academic curriculum’s effectiveness and provide recommendations to upgrade curriculum.
- Collect and analyze data and prepare report on grant activities and outcomes.
- Analyze program data and develop measurement criteria in partnership with others to enhance student learning outcomes and success in each of the key CUNY 2x Tech dimensions.
- Maintain database of incoming and graduating students each semester.
*This appointment is expected to be funded for three years and, any reappointment is contingent upon satisfactory performance and financial availability.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$47,340 - $84,354; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
- Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Experience in managing large academic programs
- Experience with budget management
- Experience with management of staff
- Experience with collecting data and reporting
- Previous familiarity with academic environments, particularly in STEM fields.
- Previous professional experience in a tech field, preferably within or adjacent to NYC tech companies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience or ability to quickly learn appropriate modules in the CUNYfirst system and Degree works
HOW TO APPLY
Visit https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/ and click on the position. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Please submit your application online by clicking on “Apply Now” below. In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter (referenced Job ID # 21224), current resume, and contact information (name, phone number, and email address) for three references in doc or pdf format.
December 2, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the City University of New York and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com