Prairie View A&M UniversityEndowed Professor (Biology)Job Title
Endowed Professor (Biology)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Department Of BiologyProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This position may pay more than the minimum proposed salary listed above, depending on experience and/or qualifications of the selected candidate.
The Department of Biology at Prairie View A&M University invites applications and nominations from nationally and internationally renowned individuals for the position of an Endowed Professor in the area of stem cell regenerative medicine. The endowed professor will be expected to play a leadership role in research, teaching, and service. The endowed professor will establish a Research Center at Prairie View A&M University and serve as the Chief Scientist for the purpose of enhancing the research capacity of the department and the University. The qualified candidate should have an outstanding record of research accomplishments and significant extramural funding. The candidate is expected to maintain a vigorous, innovative, externally funded research program that builds on existing research strengths and develops collaborative research at PVAMU and the field of study. We seek an outstanding scientist with an established research program in the area of stem cell regenerative medicine. The candidate will advance the biology instructional program, develop a new research agenda, and make innovative advances in scholarly work at PVAMU. The candidate will strengthen research capabilities in the areas of stem cell regenerative medicine with the application of precision therapeutic and diagnostic tools. The candidate will have proficiency in utilizing computational, genomics, and proteomics platforms.
Responsibilities will include establishing an independent translational research program in stem cell regenerative medicine. A major focus of the applicant will be to build new collaborations with internal/external investigators/institutes, mentor/supervise trainees, and oversee academic activities. The candidate will advance research in the stem cell field, to educate and train more underserved students. Experience in teaching research related courses in biological sciences (Stem Cell Biology, Immunology, Embryology, Histology, Bioengineering, or Computational Biology) to upper-level students is preferred. We seek a faculty member with outstanding qualifications who shares the University's core values of high standards of excellence in innovative and collaborative research, combined with fostering an open and inclusive environment that promotes participation of underrepresented groups in research.Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Research - Commit to the pursuit of excellence in research; Identify and pursue external funding opportunities; Conduct and publish research in the area of specialty; Develop an undergraduate and graduate research program; Establish and maintain a competitive research program; establish a Research Center in area of expertise.
- Teaching - Enhance the quality of the university's academic and research programs through their contributions to teaching and scholarship; Teach research or other related courses to undergraduate and graduate students; Maintain regular office and research hours; fulfill assessment of student learning requirements; perform other teaching duties as assigned.
- Service - Mentor and supervise students through research and internship opportunities, and departmental activities; serve on college-wide committees; participate in departmental activities, such as ongoing assessment projects, search committees, and regular department meetings; maintain competency in the discipline and teaching practices through professional development activities; create and maintain partnerships with collaborating research institutes; adapt and align PVAMU programs to promote transfer and grow enrollment in the University's Biology programs; and develop community partnerships to inform workforce and career pathways for PVAMU-Biology students.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ph.D. in Immunology and M.D.
- Two years of postdoctoral experience.
- Clinical research in adult stem cells.
- History as a successful clinician-researcher in clinical and translational research with a strong record of extramural federal funding.
Required Application Documents:
- Evidence of peer-reviewed publications.
- Demonstrated ability to teach at least one of the following elective courses: Anatomy and Physiology, Stem Cell Biology, Immunology, Embryology, Histology, Bioengineering, or Computational Biology Expertise in instructional technology and experience in course learning management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use technology in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated experience with science teaching pedagogy, curriculum and/or program development.
- Excellent writing and communication skills as demonstrated through conference participation, workshop instruction, successful grant proposals, and/or publications.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a collaborative, team setting.
- Dedication to increasing access, inclusion and diversity in STEM education.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:
- Cover Letter ( To include: an assessment of the breadth and importance of the nominee's scholarly work and the impact it is had on the discipline or society, including publication of scholarly work on pedagogy; evidence of substantial national or international recognition including description of any prior significant awards evidence of contributions as an educator either in the classroom or graduate or undergraduate engagement; evidence of significant service and engagement in biomedical field as well as professional associations, societies, or other national institutions especially in leadership roles; evidence of commitment to inclusivity and diversity).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- References (List of three to five references with contact information)
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-TX/Endowed-Professor--Biology-_R-056401-1?workerSubType=0e1cd8ed3502012ddf607157e74b7d04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020103f9b47257e74b7f04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed350201da3af87057e74b7c04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020108df607157e74b7e04About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Jobs at Prairie View A&M University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University