Associate Director, Regional Clubs Team (hybrid eligible)University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Associate Director, Regional Clubs Team (hybrid eligible)Job Profile Title
Alumni Officer BJob Description Summary
Alumni Relations is a relationship-driven service-oriented department whose mission is to engage all Penn Alumni in a mutually beneficial, lifelong connection to each other, their school, and the University, and encourage alumni support and guidance to advance Penn's eminence for future generations. Many of the department's activities and programs are carried out through a network of volunteers as well as through collaboration with other University departments.
Within Alumni Relations, there are several teams working to create and maintain an alumni lifelong connection to Penn. The Alumni Regional Clubs team works with over 120 alumni clubs located around the world. The clubs are interdependent alumni organizations managed by alumni volunteers.
The Associate Director plays a significant role in supporting all regional clubs, in tandem with all other engagement programs in Alumni Relations. As a multicultural organization, Penn values inclusivity, human differences as an asset, sustains a culture that reflects the interests, contributions, and values of members of diverse groups; and delivers educational programming to meet the needs of diverse audiences.Job DescriptionPosition Description
The Associate Director for the Penn Alumni Regional Clubs program manages a portfolio of the largest alumni clubs in the United States and a few international markets. The Associate Director partners with the clubs to promote and sustain the University's lifelong relationship with its alumni through a variety of programs ranging from cultural to social to educational. The Associate Director supports club leadership in identifying and training fellow leaders as well as creating innovative programs to engage all alumni in the region. The Associate Director is responsible for implementing and executing key projects within the team including the launch of new websites to clubs and assisting in developing a strategic leadership training program. This position is located in Philadelphia, on campus and is hybrid eligible. Duties by Example
**Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.**Qualifications
- The Associate Director for Alumni Regional Clubs is responsible for the largest domestic markets which serve the majority of our alumni as well as a few international markets. Primary responsibility will be to work with alumni volunteers who represent the regional alumni clubs in the specified city or metropolitan area to connect and engage Penn alumni locally and with the University. Duties range from working strategically with club leaders to identify optimal ways to engage all alumni in the region through a variety of innovative programs and events. In addition, the Associate Director will guide clubs in managing leadership structures by helping to identify and train new leadership and create new leadership pipelines.
- Oversee the implementation of club websites - developing training schedule for staff and volunteers, creating training materials, combined with the ability to trouble shoot with volunteers.
- Assist Director in developing leadership training program for club volunteers through on-campus meetings and off-site conferences.
- Work to make the Regional Clubs program reflective of Penn's diverse alumni population including inclusive representation in leadership position and program content.
- The Associate Director coordinates faculty and administrator speakers and helps identify university programs in addition to general event planning tips all in accordance with the Regional Clubs Action Plan.
- Data management - Ensure current and updated information for alumni volunteers is current in main alumni database (contact reports); attendance lists tracked; DAR and Penn calendars updated; websites and listservs current; volunteers correctly coded. Also, analyze level of club involvement compared with overall number of alumni living in region.
- Analyze where alumni live and work by using mapping tools to better equip clubs to plan events in locations that are most convenient to alumni.
- Staff Alumni Relations events as needed such as Homecoming and Alumni Weekend.
BA/BS and 3-5 years experience in alumni relations, public relations, marketing and/or similar activities or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Graduate of an accredited college or university preferred. Knowledge of alumni relations programs and alumni engagement strategies is strongly preferred. Experience working with volunteer organizations preferred. Event planning and management skills necessary. Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and strong customer-service orientation. Time management and ability to multi-task strongly preferred.Job Knowledge and Personal Requirements
Relationship-oriented. Able to balance multiple projects simultaneously, giving attention to details. Ability to prioritize and make decisions. Self-motivated and disciplined; able to be productive with limited supervision. Interpersonal and motivational skills important. Writing and technical skills a must. Knowledge of databases and excel, web and email communications preferred. Demonstrated public speaking ability helpful. Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed. Driver's license required.Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.Department / School
Development and Alumni RelationsPay Range
$51,824.00 - $78,096.00
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Sweeten-Alumni-House/Associate-Director--Regional-Clubs-Team--hybrid-eligible-_JR00065095-1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn
Jobs at the University of Pennsylvania. When inquiring or applying for positions within the University of Pennsylvania, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Pennsylvania and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Pennsylvania are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Pennsylvania.