Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.Job Summary
Reporting to and supporting the Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship ("DRS") in the Office of Advancement (“Advancement”), the Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship (“Assistant Director”) is responsible for the guided management of key DRS operations and logistics. To that end, the Assistant Director implements donor strategy and prioritizes donor communications, with a high expectation of collaboration with all partners within and outside of Simmons to implement frontline fundraising initiatives. This position provides a wonderful opportunity for innovation and creativity and allows the Assistant Director to provide input on DRS strategies, goals, and tasks.
This is a full-time (40-hours/week) position with occasional night and weekend requirements; eligible for a flexible, hybrid in-office/remote work structure, with a preference for being in the office two days a week.
Essential Responsibilities:Donor Relations
Fund Reporting and Management
- Initiate and execute directed donor communications through targeted emails, letters, fund reports, and other media (e.g., ThankView)
- Write, copyedit, and proof gift acknowledgements, tributes, and other key donor correspondence
- Manage the tracking of gift acknowledgements, tributes, and other pertinent donor correspondence
- Identify new and enhance existing ways of engaging students into stewardship activities with donors
- Liaise with student-focused partners and strengthen relationships through new and existing partnerships, including initiatives around “Send Off” and “Welcome Parties”
- Support and coordinate logistics as needed for signature donor relations and stewardship programs and events, including but not limited to the annual scholarship celebration event and individual donor stewardship activities
- Devise strategies to enhance and develop activities and programs for Simmons' stewardship
- Owns the annual Scholarship Fund Reporting process, strategy, and accompanying systems
- Additionally, in partnership with the Director of DRS, develop and execute stewardship of departmental awards, programs, and endowed chairs
- Collaborate with Advancement staff (especially frontline fundraisers), Simmons, and other partners on topics related to building active models for fund management as related to donor stewardship
- Build, write, and oversee donor fund reporting, including endowed and current-use scholarships, coordinating alongside a cross-divisional team
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Input all donor relations and stewardship activities and touchpoints into Raiser's Edge/NXT database
- Other donor relations and stewardship-related responsibilities as assigned
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Strong reading and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to coordinate, instruct, negotiate with, persuade, and be in service to others
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals across all social identities and backgrounds
- Strong ability to communicate with and understand others, demonstrating active listening and learning
- Strong ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven, team environment; proven ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks and take initiative
- Ability to identify problems and develop creative solutions
- Knowledge of marketing and communications techniques and methods a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill with utilizing customer relation management applications (Raiser's Edge/NXT a plus)
- The ideal candidate will be energetic, positive, extremely service-oriented, and able to build strong working relationships
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in development or related work
S06Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director-of-Donor-Relations-and--Stewardship_R09092
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Simmons University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Simmons University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Simmons University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Simmons University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Simmons University.