Head Coach, Men's Volleyball
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Athletics Director, the Head Coach, Men's Volleyball Coach is responsible for the management of the Men's Volleyball program. The incumbent is responsible for practice and game day coaching; identifying, evaluating, and recruiting academically qualified student-athletes and monitoring their academic progress.
- Develops a competitive schedule; adheres to university and departmental practices relating to expenditures; cultivates and maintains effective relations with students, parents, faculty, staff, media, and friends of the University.
- Plays a leadership role in fundraising for the program, department, and University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution; AND
- Minimum of one (1) year of: demonstrated coaching and recruiting experience; and/or professional league playing experience; and/or experience which would provide adequate training to coach at the Division I collegiate level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to Men's Volleyball. Demonstrated coaching and recruiting success at the collegiate level.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; strong commitment to the academic achievement of student athletes.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse student population; the ability to act as a mentor and leader; fundraising experience is desirable.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 2376 / Coach
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE is $7102 - $7500 per month dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $ 7102- $11,584 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary position - end date to be determined.
- Applications received through December 26, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint clearance (Livescan).
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/521818/head-coach-mens-volleyball
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at California State University, Northridge. When inquiring or applying for positions at California State University, Northridge, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, Northridge and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at California State University, Northridge are posted, please sign up at new job openings at California State University, Northridge.