Developmental Therapeutics Clinical Research Nurse C/D (Hybrid Eligible) (Cancer Center)University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Developmental Therapeutics Clinical Research Nurse C/D (Hybrid Eligible) (Cancer Center)Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Nurse CJob Description Summary
The Abramson Cancer Center (ACC) of the University of Pennsylvania is a world leader in developing and conducting innovative clinical trials for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. The mission of the ACC Clinical Research Unit (CRU) is to advance the science of cancer care, serve our patients by improving clinical outcomes, and offer the best available innovative care to trial participants. The ACC CRU is instrumental in the development and implementation of cancer clinical trials that offer cutting-edge oncology treatments. The ACC CRU is currently comprised of 12 Research Teams that support disease/discipline specific medical oncology cancer programs within the ACC.Job Description
The Developmental Therapeutics (DVL) Research Team seeks a full-time, registered Clinical Research Nurse (CRN)
to conduct studies involving a wide variety of investigational products and various sponsors. This position will report directly to the DVL Lead Clinical Research Nurse and work directly with Physician Investigators (“PI”) on clinical research performed. This area of research requires dedicated attention and care to ensure subject safety and well-being. The successful candidate will comply with all policies relating to UPHS, JCAHO, GCP and other regulatory standards.Clinical Research Nurse C Responsibilities
Clinical Research Nurse D ResponsibilitiesThe Clinical Research Nurse D will have the same duties as C but will include the following:
- Work in collaboration with Research Team Leaders and Principal Investigators with initiating study procedures for new IITs and industry-sponsored clinical trials. Manage all aspects of Phase I - IV clinical trials. Participate in the conduct of audits by study sponsors, CROs, the FDA, the Eastern Oncology Group, the University of Pennsylvania's CTSRMC, and other groups.
- Work directly with physicians to design, set-up and execute clinical trials. May be required to speak at investigator meetings or site initiation visits for investigator-initiated trials (“IITs”) where physician is the national PI. Assist in analyzing data to determine response and clinical outcomes; assist with literature reviews; contribute to preparation of study abstracts, posters, manuscripts and grant applications.
- Develop and maintain ongoing communication with the clinical teams including, but not limited to: laboratory, infusion, radiology, Advanced Practitioners, triage, inpatient and pharmacy. Provide in-service and support to infusion, CHPS or inpatient staff as appropriate. Provide ongoing service education updates to all investigators and HUP staff that have eligible participants for clinical research trials
- Care for subjects in all age groups from young adult through geriatrics. Establishes nursing plan of care in collaboration with the PI and study team and in accordance with research guidelines and GCP. Coordinate activities of oncology team in caring for subjects. Administer or provide oversight of administration of medications, chemotherapeutic drugs, biologic response modifiers, cellular immunotherapies and other treatment agents or study interventions, as appropriate.
- Review all clinical and laboratory data and adverse events, reporting in real-time to the Principal Investigator (PI) for assessment and review, and communicate with medical staff regarding protocol-specific management of toxicities and adverse events.
- Triage any questions subjects may have regarding protocol specifics, investigational products, lab results, effects of therapies, medications, and symptom management within clinical scope and level of expertise and referring other questions to the PI or medical team in order to obtain guidance or assistance.
- If needed, collect, review and report timely, valid, accurate study data within the timelines specified by the Clinical Trials Agreement. Coordination may also include: transporting specimens, submission of study documents to all applicable institutional committees (e.g., IRB, CTSRMC, IBC, CHPS) for initial approval, continuing reviews and for approval of any amendments.
- Provide coverage and support to other research nurses and coordinators to meet departmental/organizational staffing needs.
- This position will require the research nurse to have a variable schedule. Research subjects are seen in the clinical setting during early morning and early evening hours as well as daytime visits. Position involves work-related responsibilities that may occur outside of usual hours and some conference-related travel.
- This individual will work independently with minimal supervision. May act in a lead capacity or as back-up to supervisor.
- Work directly with physicians to design, set-up and execute studies. Be responsible for writing investigator initiated IND/IDE clinical trials in collaboration with faculty supervisor. Speak at investigator meetings or site initiation visits for IITs where collaborating physician is the Principal Investigator. Assist in analyzing clinical data to determine response and clinical outcomes; contribute to the preparation of study abstracts, posters, manuscripts and grant applications.
- Independently manage complex (i.e. multi-drug regimens, high toxicity potential, multiple random assignments, or immunotherapies, etc.) clinical trials and registries within the Developmental Therapeutics (DVL) Research Team.
- Provide coverage and support to other research nurses and coordinators to meet departmental/organizational staffing needs. Responsible for functional supervision of non-licensed personnel assigned to work with the nurse. Act in lead capacity in coordination of unit projects and assist unit managers in overseeing execution of project timelines as well as completion of study related activities delegated to research coordinator who provides study related support (e.g., regulatory submissions and data entry). Participate in core study team, disease-site group and ongoing protocol training/compliance meetings. Participate in working groups within the disease-site team that will maximize the efficiency and quality of research performed, including developing SOPs. Act as a mentor to newly hired staff.
- Represents the DVL Research Team when meeting with Medical Science Liaisons, current and future research collaborators, and prospective donors; assists physician and unit manager in coordinating development plans. Participation in national meetings, as well as University department meetings and committees. Act as a facilitator and speak at community events organized by physicians in collaboration with non‐profit organizations.
The Clinical Research Nurse (CRN) is responsible for overseeing the clinical research process, research regulations, and the protocol to safeguard the participant and contribute to the science of cancer care. The successful candidate must have: (1) proven critical thinking and organizational skills to support care coordination and human subject protection; (2) a great deal of interest, enthusiasm, adaptability and willingness to learn and grow; (3) ability to prioritize nursing functions while tending to the needs of the patients; (4) strong communication skills and ability to maintain positive interactions with patients, their families and associated medical professionals in a respectful and courteous manner; (5) demonstrated initiative in learning advanced features of complex interventional programs to more effectively accomplish job duties; (6) Possess working knowledge of the Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), International Conference of Harmonisation (ICH) and Good Clinical (Research) Practice (GCP) Guidelines. AND:CRN C:
Registered Nurse with licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without restriction or limitation. Bachelor's degree with 2 to 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Oncology experience highly preferred. Clinical research experience preferred but not required. BSN degree preferred.CRN D:
Registered Nurse with licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without restriction or limitation.
Bachelor's degree and 4 to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required, including 3-5 years of clinical research experience preferred. Oncology experience highly preferred. Master's degree in a science-related field preferred.CRN C:
Based on the appropriate education and experience above the minimum qualifications this position pay
range is $79,421 - $87,561.CRN D:
Based on the appropriate education and experience above the minimum qualifications this position pay
range is $87,561- $95,972.00This position will require the research nurse to have a variable schedule. Research subjects are seen in the clinical setting during early morning and early evening hours as well as daytime visits. Position involves work-related responsibilities that may occur outside of usual hours and some conference-related travel. Position is contingent on continued fundingJob Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.Department / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$51,824.00 - $78,096.00
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Perelman-Center-for-Adv-Medicine/Developmental-Therapeutics-Clinical-Research-Nurse-C-D--Hybrid-Eligible---Cancer-Center-_JR00057226-1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn
Jobs at the University of Pennsylvania. When inquiring or applying for positions within the University of Pennsylvania, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Pennsylvania and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Pennsylvania are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Pennsylvania.