Director of Military & Veteran Services
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002517
Department: 3900716100 - Military Services
Position Status: Full-Time
Military Services. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Military & Veterans Services provides leadership and direction in development and coordination of a comprehensive program of outreach, support and services for students with a veteran or military status, and for eligible dependents receiving benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. This position serves as the University's primary representative in all matters related to service members, veterans and their families and provides strategic direction to the Vice President and cabinet for institutional policy development.
- Develops major military-related educational, research, and outreach service programs, and creates and stewards external relations and partnerships with national, regional, and local military organizations.
- Oversees all aspects of programming for academic and professional success of service members; and collaborates with faculty, administrators, and staff to create, manage, and coordinate comprehensive programs and initiatives in support of military-connected students and their families.
- Provides leadership and direction in the management of the Office of Veteran and Military Services by working with staff and community stakeholders in the delivery of services.
- Leads in creation and implementation of military and veteran strategic planning.
- Leads in departmental fiscal management, including budget analysis, preparation, defense, and management.
- Maintains data and prepares reports on military-affiliated student enrollment, retention, persistence, and certificate and/or degree completion.
- Builds community and civic outreach programs and external agency engagement efforts in support of the University's vision for military affiliated students; and develops, maintains, and expands institutional relations with local and private entities to support military affiliated students.
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates administrative staff; establishes and monitors employee performance objectives; prepares and presents employee performance reviews; provides or coordinates staff training; and works with employees to correct deficiencies.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Master’s Degree in higher education administration, leadership, organizational development, public administration or related field
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five or more years of related work experience, including supervisory experience; three years of experience working in an advisory role or with students in higher education
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Prior military service as an officer; demonstrated understanding of active-duty military education curriculum and its relation to a higher education curriculum
Salary Range: $62,100 - $80,700
Job Open Date: 09/13/2019
Job Closing Date: 11/30/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/62715
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency