University of La Verne
Senior Gift Processor
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Gift Processor handles a high volume of confidential material related to gifts of cash and securities received by the University. The incumbent enters gifts and pledges, produces daily donor reports and receipts, generates acknowledgement letters, coordinates with the stewardship staff and frontline fundraisers to ensure accurate recording of donor intentions, and processes matching gifts. The Gift Processor reports directly to the Assistant Director of Advancement Services.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement. If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- Process all gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations received by the University in a timely manner. Generate gift acknowledgement letters, receipts and pledge reminders. Assists fundraisers in completing gift acceptance forms. Provides annual giving and special events programs with timely reports on gifts relating to events and campaigns. Provide UA staff with gift related reports as needed. Generate monthly gift reports for the different colleges.
- Reconcile accounting reports daily, monthly and annually. Set up new designations and appeals as necessary and assist in managing the Advancement Clearing Account. Process FOAP requests as needed. Work closely with the General Ledger Staff in Accounting and Finance and provide gift and pledge reports as needed to balance with Advancement. Work with auditors, providing information as needed.
- Respond to requests for information from donors, volunteers, and staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Process all facets of matching gift program to include: completing matching gift forms as provided by donors, tracking accurate and timely payment of corporate pledges, finding donors eligible to receive corporate matching gifts and engaging them with the program.
- Maintain the Gifts Processing Manual and corresponding forms and update as needed.
- Provide backup support to Assistant Director of Advancement Services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Advancement Services, Director of Advancement Strategies and Services and the Vice President of University Advancement.
- High school diploma.
- Two years experience in gift processing, advancement or a related field.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of Banner Advancement
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Fundraising Performance and other Advancement products
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Jobs at the University of La Verne. When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of La Verne, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of La Verne and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of La Verne are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of La Verne