Position Title: Assistant Professor of Recreation Sport Management Department Health Professions Appointment 9 Months Tenure Status Tenure Track FLSA Exempt Job Summary
Missouri Western State University's College of Science and Health invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Recreation Sport Management position for an August 2023 appointment. The successful candidate will hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in Recreation, Sport Management, or a closely related field (ABD considered). Ideal candidates have experience and interest in E-sports. This role serves both undergraduate programs in Recreation Sport Management (RSM) and the Master of Applied Science (MAS) in Sport and Fitness Management.
Essential Job Duties
Duties for candidates for tenure-track positions include performance of activities corresponding with the teaching, scholarship, and service expectations for the department and college. We seek colleagues with disciplinary expertise and professional experience, evidence of exceptional teaching, and the potential for scholarly productivity and collaboration with the region and community.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate disciplinary and professional expertise, and evidence of exceptional and innovative teaching and advising with diverse undergraduate or adult learners (in-person and online).
- Exhibit existing and potential scholarly productivity as well as the desire to collaborate with colleagues, the region, and community.
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve on department committees, attend department meetings, and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students from a wide range of disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in Recreation, Sport Management, or a closely related field (ABD considered).
- Experience teaching undergraduate or adult learners
- Experience in E-sports programs, teaching, or research
- Experience teaching any specialty areas of recreation, sports management, or E-sports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- As Missouri's designated applied learning institution, we seek a candidate who is both collaborative and service oriented, and who demonstrates a strong commitment to building real-world active-learning environments.
- Success building or managing E-sport programs or curriculum at the undergraduate or high school dual-credit level.
Physical Demands Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Additional Demands University
Designated as the State of Missouri's applied learning institution, Missouri Western State University is a public open-access institution located in St. Joseph, Missouri, on a beautiful 744-acre campus approximately 35 minutes north of the Kansas City International Airport. With 4,500 plus graduate and undergraduate students and over 29,000 alumni, Missouri Western is designated as a First-Gen Forward campus dedicated to academic innovation, regional and community partnerships, and a student-centered experience.
Missouri Western State University is an active participant in the educational, economic, cultural, and social development of the people and region it serves, and the campus' distinctive focus on applied learning and research is a hallmark of its innovative teaching and learning environment. Missouri Western seeks to build an inclusive environment that is open, welcoming, and supportive of individuals of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups and women to apply for this position.
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at Missouri Western State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .