Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Computer Science, Math & Physics
Missouri Western State University's College of Science and Health and the Department of Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics invites applications for Assistant Professor position in Computer Science for an August 2023 appointment. The successful candidate for these positions will hold a Ph.D. in computer science, information technology, computational data science, management information systems, or a closely related field. (ABD considered).
Successful applicants will join MWSU and its stakeholders as the campus breaks ground for the Convergent Technology Alliance Center (CTAC), a state-of-the-art facility that will house applied learning labs that mirror those in today's - and tomorrow's - industrial facilities. These resources, alongside the campus' applied learning focus and connection to business, industry, and government create an ideal environment for computer science faculty seeking to both teach and conduct research.
Essential Job Duties
Duties for candidates for tenure-track positions include performance of activities corresponding with the teaching, scholarship, and service expectations for the department and college. We seek colleagues with disciplinary expertise and professional experience, evidence of exceptional teaching, and the potential for scholarly productivity and collaboration with the region and community.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate disciplinary and professional expertise, and evidence of exceptional and innovative teaching and advising with diverse undergraduate or adult learners (in-person and online).
- Exhibit existing and potential scholarly productivity as well as the desire to collaborate with colleagues, the region, and community.
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve on department committees, attend department meetings, and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students from a wide range of disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds.
- Ph.D. in in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computational Data Science, or a closely related field.
- Success teaching or training undergraduate or adult learners
- Substantial experience in operating systems, databases, cloud technology or network management.
- Hold industry certifications and cloud computing security experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- As Missouri's designated applied learning institution, we seek a candidate who is both collaborative and service oriented, and who demonstrates a strong commitment to building real-world active-learning environments.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with stakeholders, industry, or government
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Designated as the State of Missouri's applied learning institution, Missouri Western State University is a public open-access institution located in St. Joseph, Missouri, on a beautiful 744-acre campus approximately 35 minutes north of the Kansas City International Airport. With 4,500 plus graduate and undergraduate students and over 29,000 alumni, Missouri Western is designated as a First-Gen Forward campus dedicated to academic innovation, regional and community partnerships, and a student-centered experience.
Missouri Western State University is an active participant in the educational, economic, cultural, and social development of the people and region it serves, and the campus' distinctive focus on applied learning and research is a hallmark of its innovative teaching and learning environment. Missouri Western seeks to build an inclusive environment that is open, welcoming, and supportive of individuals of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups and women to apply for this position.
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at Missouri Western State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .