Position Title: General Maintenance Mechanical
Under the direction of the Director of Physical Plant, the General Maintenance Technician performs a variety of general maintenance and repairs to ensure all university buildings remain in good physical condition.
- Use a variety of trade practices associated with occupations such as carpentry, painting, locksmith, roofing, concrete finishing, welding, and related trades to preform work involving maintenance of building structures.
- Drywall installation and repair. Will tape, mud, and paint.
- Basic Framing using wood or steel studs.
- Install or repair interior ceilings and floor coverings.
- Use gasoline or diesel power equipment such as forklift, skid loader, dump trucks, zero turn mowers, weed eaters, and chainsaws to complete projects.
- Assist with snow removal.
- Assist with special events; set-up and tear down
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the University's discretion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to tape, mud and paint drywall and other surfaces
- Basic framing skills using wood or steel studs
- Ability to install, maintain and repair mechanical locks and key cylinders and create keys for distribution
- Able to drive large equipment
High school diploma or GED; one-year post-secondary trade school or vocational in one or more of the listed trades;
or three years' experience directly related to one or more of the listed trades.
Valid Driver's License
- Commercial Driver's License
- Experience with electronic key systems
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds.
OT or alternate work schedule as may occasionally be required.
Hours of Work
M-F 7:00 am-3:30 pm
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at Missouri Western State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .