TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
School of Education and Human Development
Department of Educational Psychology
Open Rank – Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Special Education Division
The Department of Educational Psychology at Texas A&M University seeks to hire a Tenure Track Assistant/Associate/Full professor in the Special Education Division within the Department of Educational Psychology. Assistant/Associate/Full professors, and recently graduated students with a Ph.D. in Special Education are encouraged to apply. Competitive candidates will have knowledge and expertise in research involving equity of educational and behavioral services for students with disabilities who are culturally and linguistically diverse, school-based interventions, and/or academic interventions (e.g., math and science instruction). BCBA certification or the completion of fieldwork and coursework is required. The successful candidate will join a team of tenure track and academic professional track faculty who teach undergraduate and graduate level coursework in face-to-face and online formats.
Our Special Education Division benefits from being housed in a highly ranked educational psychology department with strong programs in School Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Research, Measurement, and Statistics, Bilingual/ESL Education, and Learning Sciences.
The department, school, and university provide a stimulating and supportive environment for research, teaching, and programmatic funding with a strong value on collaborative and interdisciplinary research. Bryan/College Station is a diverse community of 250,000 residents that offers a variety of cultural and recreational opportunities and is convenient to major metropolitan areas.
1. Teach and mentor graduate and undergraduate students
2. Field-based supervision of graduate students working on their BCBA certification
3. Carry out a focused, independent line of research with high impact
4. Secure external funding to support research, personnel and/or outreach
5. Support the diversity efforts of the School in its research, teaching, and service mission
6. Commitment to collegiality and collaboration
7. Contribute to service-related activities (e.g., work with department, college, university, local educational agencies, state educational agencies, non-profits, providing services in district programs and professional organizations)
This is a 9-month faculty appointment beginning September 1, 2023. Salary and start-up package are competitive and commensurate with rank, qualifications, and teaching experience.
1. Earned Ph.D. degree in Special Education or related area such as Educational Psychology with a specialization in Special Education
2. Special Education certification
3. BCBA certification or completion of all BCBA fieldwork and coursework requirements
4. Evidence or promise of success in securing external funding to support research, personnel and/or outreach
5. Evidence of research impact via dissemination (journal publications, professional conference presentations)
6. Evidence of demonstrated record of high-quality teaching (e.g., student, peer, and/or supervisor evaluations of teaching)
1. Evidence of designing and implementing school-based academic interventions
2. Experience providing behavior analytic services in public or private settings
3. Experience with online instruction
To apply, candidates should submit all application materials via the Texas A&M University Interfolio application system at the following link:
A complete application will be comprised of:
(1) A letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experiences/interests
(2) A current curriculum vitae
(3) Names and contact information for three current academic references (recommendations should be able to speak to the applicant’s experience/potential for research, teaching, and service)
(4) A diversity statement
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please address inquiries to search Committee Co-Chairs: Dr. Lisa Bowman-Perrott, (email: email@example.com) or Dr. Zohreh Eslami, (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Jobs at the Texas A&M University.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at Texas A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Texas A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Texas A&M University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Texas A&M University.