Overview of position: Summary of the position's responsibilities:
- Use of state standards, course overviews, and planning templates to create rigorous, objective-driven, arts-infused units, lessons and performance tasks.
- Identifyineachlessonwhatthinkingskillswillbeexplicitlytaughtandpracticed; what physical, social, or content skills students will be able too and how students will know if they can do it.
- Differentiate for individual students based on their unique learning needs so all students are appropriately engaged and challenged.
- Explicitly introduce learning objectives to activate students' prior knowledge as it is related to the objective, and conclude the lesson by revisiting the learning objective and having students apply it in context.
- Present academic content through a variety of instructional strategies(cooperative learning, project-based learning, etc.) a frequent integration of technology to reach all learning. Provide many varied opportunities for students to achieve mastery while working to promote achievement by all students without exception.
- Provide ongoing and timely feedback to students on their progress towards meeting big goals by frequently checking for understanding and listening Develop standards-based performances tasks and curricular assessment.
- Create a focused environment of fairness and respect that encourages students to take risks and strive to reach goals.
** This position is Part-time **
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com