MASTER TUTOR - LEBANON CAMPUSPosting Number:
FWS00369Position Status: Campus: Department:
4009-Learning Enhancement / Academic DevelopmentJob Summary
Under direction, the Master Tutor will work with a group of 8-15 assigned students through the LEAD Tutorial Assistance Program (TAP). The Master Tutor will supply effective facilitation in a manner complementing students' academic skills while developing mastery of subject material. Student independence rather than tutor dependence will be the emphasis of the Master Tutor. Tutoring sessions will be via virtually and may be held on campus. This position will also plan, prepare, and deliver large group review sessions to be held virtually and on campus as well. Finally, the Master Tutor will serve as a mentor for new tutors.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Good verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with faculty, staff, students, and any outside contacts. 2. Excellent computer skills to use various related software e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Docs, and other software programs required by the position. Must have a good working knowledge of the Internet.Required Qualifications
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
2. Some doctoral or professional experience required.
3. Must be in good academic standing and received a grade of “B” or higher in the course(s) to be tutored.
4. Must meet all Federal Work Study qualificationsPreferred QualificationsPosting Date:
07/25/2022Closing Date: Open Until Filled: Special Instructions to ApplicantsEssential Job Duties
Essential Job Duties
- Provide tutoring to students.
Percentage Of Time
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in LEAD Master Tutor Training Manual.
- Complete initial orientation and training.
- Attend any additional training workshops or meetings.
- Accurately maintain, complete, and submit both an electronic attendance log and time sheet for tutoring sessions.
- Responsible for working with LEAD office manager to schedule, organize, and communicate tutoring session meeting time and on-campus location.
- Responsible for communicating all participant tasks, expectations, roles, and responsibilities.
- Through facilitation, develop an atmosphere of mutual trust and support within the tutoring group.
- Mentor new tutors as directed by the LEAD Director.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver virtual/on-campus, large group review sessions.
- Organize, prepare, and generate written reports to LEAD office personnel.
- Collaborate with LEAD office to handle any tutoring issues (academic or personal).
- Perform additional duties related to supporting TAP operations.
- Submission of late payroll timesheets are subject to removal from the position and participation in the Federal Work Study program.
Percentage Of Time
25 Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties for this position are normally performed in a typical office setting. The employee is never exposed to outdoor weather conditions in the performance of his/her duties. The noise level in this setting is usually moderate due to telephone calls, office equipment, and normal faculty/student traffic.To apply, visit https://jobs.westernu.edu/postings/22867Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency