University of Idaho
Facilities ManagementEmployee Category:
Commensurate with experienceFTE:
Full TimePosition Summary:
The HVAC Technician ensures proper operation of HVAC mechanical systems by troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining air handling equipment, fan coil assemblies, air compressors and circulation pumps; upgrading and maintaining air filtration systems.
This is an essential position that will be called upon in the event of an emergency and/or University closure.
- Responding to service calls
- Assisting troubleshooting HVAC systems
- Testing systems for proper operation
- Diagnosing problems and malfunctions
- Maintaining, repairing and replacing parts and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- A consistent/regular schedule
- 12 paid holidays, 12+ paid vacation days and 12 days of sick leave per year
- Reduced-cost education opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with employer cost-sharing
- State of Idaho PERSI annuity retirement program
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of verifiable experience working with HVAC systems including air handlers, pumps and associated mechanical equipment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- HVAC trade vocational certificate.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Maintaining and repairing air handler units, fan coil units, fume hoods and unit heaters
- Installing commercial air handling equipment and associated duct work
- Maintaining pumps, valves, air compressors and electric motors
- Using and maintaining tools and equipment normally associated with HVAC mechanical repair and service.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Ability to:
- Lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing approximately 50 pounds, climb ladders, bend, stoop, and work in awkward positions
- Crawl through small tunnels that are hot, muddy, and wet.
- May require working in confined spaces which necessitates participation in a medical surveillance program and respirator fit testing
- Responding to emergency calls.
- Must possess: a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University Vehicles.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
09/16/2022Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
First review date for applications is 10/3/22. Applications after that date will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled.
When entering employment history, be sure to include all past work experience relevant to the duties of this position in the Employment Experience section of the application.Background Check:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.eduEEO Statement
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of Idaho, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Idaho and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Idaho are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Idaho