Under the direction of an appropriate supervisor, provide supplemental academic guidance; career and college exploration, college preparation workshops, financial aid assistance, and other related information to middle and high school students and the public in preparing for college. Provide support services for high school participants and the public to assist them with high school graduation, and enrolling in college with the goal of graduating from college.
The following duties are typical for this classification.
1. Provide assistance with mentors and tutors at target high schools to ensure consistent delivery of services in compliance with outreach program policies and procedures. E
2. Assist with providing student workshops, attend parent school nights and related events, and assist school counselors by introducing innovative ideas for college acceptance. E
3. Plan and provide high school presentations for student recruitment including meetings with parents for eligibility verification, obtaining high school records, and reviewing documents with students. E
4. Provide outreach program services including after-school services to participants while providing an opportunity and encouragement to learn. Provide support to mentors and tutors at local schools to ensure consistent delivery of services in compliance with program policies and procedures. E
5. Responsible for adequate preparation and evaluation of high school academic record for supplemental guidance and providing referrals to tutoring and available resources, as needed. E
6. Provide information of assigned outreach program to students, staff, and community agencies. Inform participants and parents of their active participation in relation to the assigned program(s). Plan and implement recruitment strategies to maintain appropriate student case load. E
7. Assist with and facilitate educational/cultural fieldtrips and workshops, college preparation components, and summer activities including some weekends, as needed. E
8. Attend and assist with staff meetings and training as needed. Maintain participant files in accordance with approved annual project objectives, federal guidelines and policies. E
9. Prepare various reports and documents as required by assigned outreach program(s). E
10. Maintain close track of senior graduation and college status to include financial aid, scholarship, and college applications; SAT/ACT Prep; and college enrollment and completion status. E
11. Attend trainings, workshops, and conferences to maintain current and share best practices related to assigned outreach program(s). E
12. Assists with the development and maintenance of social media content, websites, brochures, posters, and other informational literatures related to assigned outreach program(s). E
13. Serve on various participatory governance and screening committees.
14. Other related duties as assigned.
Please click here to view the full job description.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate Degree in counseling, social work, human relations, liberal studies, social science, career development, education or related fields from an accredited college or combined equivalent experience of at least two years of relevant experience working in a student services area.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for the position applying for, applicants must submit the required items by the deadline, which include: online IVC application, current resume, and ALL unofficial transcripts (transcripts must show degree was awarded or conferred with a completion date). All attachments will be uploaded into the online application. Applications which do not include all of the required materials will not be forwarded to the screening committee for consideration. Materials submitted become property of the District and will not be returned, copied, or considered for other openings.Initial salary placement is normally at Step 1, no higher than Step 3. Please click here to review current salary schedule.Imperial Valley College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Imperial Valley College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com