|Job Title||Student Veteran Resource Center-Student Employee|
|Department||Student Veterans Resources|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Federal Work Study or Institutional Work Study|
Hours will be determined upon the need of the department and the student employee's class schedule.
|Work Week||0-20 Hours|
|Work Week-Other Information|
|Application Review Begins|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
This student employment position is within our Veteran Resource Center. Student Employment at MCC requires the following:
Support operations of the Student Veteran Resource Center and Student Success Center while delivering exceptional customer service to employees, students, and all visitors. This position will serve as the initial contact for the Student Veteran Resource Center and will assist the Military Benefit Specialist with tasks related to veteran benefits and financial aid.
|Reports to||Director of Crisis Intervention and Prevention Services|
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities||
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal, reception and telephone skills
· Excellent customer service and public relations skills
· Possess soft skills such as positivity, empathy, clarity, conflict resolution
· Ability to create positive first impressions
· Assist with large scale calling campaigns
|Required Education||High School graduate or equivalent|
|Other Required Qualifications|
|Skills and Specifications||
- Developing proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel), with the ability and willingness to learn other technological applications
- Maintain complete confidentiality of sensitive information
- Experience writing emails and letters in a work environment
- Familiar with workplace communications, such as articulating ideas, requests, and other messages to instructors, staff, and students at the College.
- Maintain an organization system that allows the employee to oversee multiple projects at once.
- Work collaboratively with other student employees, staff, and MCC community members.
- Ability to take direction and follow work procedures
- Commitment and respect for diversity, equity, inclusiveness and the MCC Behaviors of Excellence
- Commitment to the College mission, vision, values, and goals
- Ability to perform all the essential functions, skills, and specifications of the position
When inquiring or applying for positions at McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College .