|Job Title||Reference Librarian|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Hiring Range||Commensurate with Experience|
|Work Year||12 Months|
|Work Year-Other Information|
|Typical Work Schedule||
|Bargaining Unit Eligibility||No|
|Work Week-Other Information||Hourly|
|Application Review Begins|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
This is a part-time position. Two positions available.
To provide library reference and instructional services to the College community.
|Reports to||Director of Library|
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities||
Include but are not limited to:
- Provide reference and research assistance to the College community.
- Plan and provide information literacy instruction for the College community.
- Develop instructional materials in support of the information literacy program.
- Plan and administer assessment activities for the information literacy program, analyze resulting data, develop transformations, and generate assessment reports.
- Develop methods of increasing public awareness of library services.
- Provide input in the selection and withdrawal of library resources.
-Develop and maintain the content and layout of the library website.
- Establish and carry out departmental goals (adjuncts assist full-time librarians to carry out goals)
- Provide statistical information and reports required by the Director of Library
- Assist in the preparation of the budget.
- Represent the Library on appropriate internal and external committees.
- Serve as a resource person for consultation in specialized areas of information retrieval.
- Attend continuing education seminars.
- Provide back-up coverage at the Circulation Desk.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
|Required Education||Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution|
|Other Required Qualifications||
· Master's Degree in Library & Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
· Computer skills to include strong knowledge of internet and online database searching, MS Word, PowerPoint, and basic knowledge of webpage design software preferred.
· Prior successful library reference/instruction experience preferred.
|Skills and Specifications||
When inquiring or applying for positions at McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College .