Director and Lecturer, Community Health
Job no: 493355
Work type: Faculty (Non-Tenure Track)
Location: Orlando, FL
Categories: Hamilton Holt School, Health Professions
Division: Academic Affairs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Service Months: 9
The NEW undergraduate major in Community Health program in the Hamilton Holt School at Rollins College is seeking applicants for a Lecturer position to serve as director and instructor beginning in January 2023 to help prepare the launch of the program in the Fall.
The position includes directing and teaching undergraduate courses in the Community Health program in the Hamilton Holt School. The ability to teach an array of community health courses at the undergraduate level is highly desirable. Other responsibilities of the position may include recruiting, scheduling, advising, program and curriculum development, assurance of learning (AOL), service activities, and general education. The willingness to teach hybrid/blended and evening courses is also expected.
This is a two-year contract with possibility to renew. The normal teaching load will be the equivalent of eight courses a year with a course release for administrative responsibilities. Opportunities for summer teaching may be available.
Big Things Happen in Small Classes
The Hamilton Holt School houses the Department of Health Professions, the home department to this new major in Community Health. Currently, courses are offered in the evenings and the department offers an undergraduate major in Health Care Management, an MPH, and an MA in Applied Behavioral Analysis and Clinical Science. You can find additional information regarding our Department of Health Professions on the department's website: https://www.rollins.edu/health-professions/.
Make Tomorrow Happen
Founded in 1885, Rollins is Florida's oldest recognized college. Rollins is an independent, comprehensive, residential liberal arts college. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and for its unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation's most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. For the last 10 years, U.S. News & World Report ranked Rollins No. 1 or No. 2 among southern regional universities. Rollins is one of only 36 Ashoka U Changemaker Campuses in the world. For additional information, please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Nationally recognized for our commitment to community engagement, service, and social responsibility, Rollins seeks candidates who are committed to integrating these values into their roles at the College. For more information about these efforts at Rollins, visit the Center for Leadership & Community Engagement website, http://www.rollins.edu/leadership-community-engagement/.
In order to plan and keep our campus as safe as possible during the pandemic, it is imperative that we know how many employees are vaccinated. New employees will need to report their vaccination status within 3 days of their start date.
• Doctorate in Community Health, Public Health, or a closely affiliated discipline.
• Some college-level teaching is preferred.
• Practical experience in community health is highly desirable.
• Candidates must have the ability to develop and deliver curriculum; meet the demands of the position in a timely manner; and assess student learning outcomes.
• Candidates should have strong oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Candidates are expected to be up to date on current topics in community health. Candidates need to have the ability to translate theory and concepts and apply it to realistic community health applications. Teaching in a highly interactive manner with students is part of the hallmark Rollins experience.
• The successful candidate must be able to contribute to a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment at Rollins. We view differences (e.g., nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
1. Letter of application addressing your background, your interest in the position, your views on community health, and why Rollins is of interest to you.
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Evidence of teaching excellence including a statement of teaching philosophy and sample course evaluations
4. Provide three reference names and email addresses on application
**Preference will be given to candidates who apply by September 1, 2022. The position is open until filled.**
Inquiries can be directed to:
Dr. Robert Sanders
Chair, Search Committee
Dean, Hamilton Holt School at Rollins College
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
Advertised: 02 Aug 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.rollins.edu/en-us/job/493355/director-and-lecturer-community-health
When inquiring or applying for positions at Rollins College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Rollins College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Rollins College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Rollins College.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency