Records & Gifts Specialist
Job no: 493353
Work type: Staff (Full-Time)
Location: Orlando, FL, Winter Park, FL
Categories: Advancement Services
Division: Institutional Advancement
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 13th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a "Great College to Work For". Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
Our Service Excellence Philosophy:
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- 15 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 10 Days - Paid Holidays
- 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Free Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- Free Full Tuition for Employees in our Hamilton Holt and Crummer MBA Programs
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- Free E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
- Plus More!
The Records & Gifts Specialist coordinates, research, and performs updates to the Advancement Division constituent database. This role assists the Senior Gifts Manager in coordinating and performing the College-wide processing of gifts, pledges, and planned gifts; and reports to the Senior Gifts Manager.
- Responsible for oversight and integrity of database standards and data entry - including managing work study student employees with data update privileges, project deliverables and accuracy.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, training, management, and review of student employees within records area.
- Provide user feedback for Information Technology collaboration data automation projects.
- Training of new employees and/or temporary staffing on data standards and software use.
Data and Records Processing
- Thorough knowledge of the database software, including forms and fields, for records maintenance and updates.
- Recommend standards for data maintenance policies and procedures.
- Maintain biographical data records accurately.
- Create and assign validation codes within Banner as needed (e.g. activity codes).
- Review information received by the Advancement Services office to verify the reliability of the data and its source.
- Record updated information in the appropriate portion of the constituent record and review related portions of the record to determine if further changes or research will be necessary.
- Proactively search for new biographical data using Internet-based search sites, various written and electronic media, professional directories, and telephone inquiries.
- Work in conjunction with various divisions of the College to obtain data on College-related activities.
- Create records in the database for new constituents and organizations; create appropriate links.
- Identify the existence of any duplicate records within the database and forward to Information Technology.
- Maintain data procedures manual.
- Download/pull reports to support data entry.
- Serves as the back up to Senior Gifts Manager for gift and pledge processing (all types) with primary support during absence or high-volume time periods. Requires periodic entry over the course of the year for knowledge retention.
- Primary responsible for the accurate and timely gift entry and validation of online gifts through GiveCampus (with the Senor Gifts Manager as the back up during absence or high-volume time periods.)
- Evaluate situations that involve either an omission or a discrepancy in information, provide analysis based on research, and make recommendations to the Senior Gifts Manager.
- Prepare gift receipts and ensure that receipts are mailed per standards.
- Create constituent records in the database for new donors to the College, including new matching gift entities, and creates appropriate links between records as needed.
- Support the Senior Gifts Manager as necessary with the administration of the matching gift program or other gift and record needs.
- As needed, scan gift deposit information to network drive when received and notifies various staff when available.
- High school education plus one year of additional higher education or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Requires 2-3 years of job-related (financial/data entry) experience.
- Proficient in MS Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidential information updating files and records with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented; ability to set priorities and manage time effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to track multiple projects with differing priorities and deadlines, to manage and track student/temporary staffing projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with all constituents.
- Work effectively in a team environment where information and ideas are shared. Willing to assist other team members, as needed, and to embrace the Rollins Service Excellence Standards (Responsive, Collaborative, Respectful, Competent and Inclusive).
- Strong working knowledge of computer technology and standard office equipment, including scanner. Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. MS Word and Excel preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and financial terms.
- Experience in higher education or related field (e.g. not-for-profit institution).
- Proficient in Ellucian Banner or similar CRM information system.
The Records & Gifts Specialist role is a full-time 12-month appointment, scheduled to work 7.5 hours/day, 37.5 hours per week. The schedule for this position is:
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm (with one hour for lunch).*
*Overtime and weekends may be required as needed (examples include year-end gift processing, alumni weekend, and campaign events).
- Campus-based, front-facing customer service position, working in an office environment.
- Work requires visual strain due to computer usage.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
1. Cover Letter
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
About the Institutional Advancement Services Team:
The Advancement Services team is responsible for meeting the reporting, technology, stewardship, gift processing, and data acquisition/integrity needs of the Division of Institutional Advancement and the broader Rollins community. The team is comprised of four distinct but interrelated functions: Technology and Reporting, Gifts & Records, Research & Moves Management and Donor Relations. Technology and Reporting serve our division and the community with accurate and timely information to help support strategic decisions and communication audiences. Gifts & Records complete all gift processing and records maintenance for our alumni and friends. Research & Moves Management supports efforts to raise resources to advance the College by developing and managing procedures for systematically evaluating sources of support from individuals, foundations, and corporations and Donor Relations stewards the College's donors through reporting, engagement and recognition.
About Rollins College:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Service Months: 12
Advertised: 02 Aug 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.rollins.edu/en-us/job/493353/records-gifts-specialist
When inquiring or applying for positions at Rollins College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Rollins College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Rollins College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Rollins College.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency