Performs coordinative work in the business or administrative operation of a specific department or college. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a department as well as the monitoring operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise staff or student assistants.
Org Level 7
205001 - Finance and Admin Abi
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
HSC - Abilene
Finance and Admin Abi
* Prepare requisitions for HSC Finance & Administration operations; ensure that adequate funds are available; follow purchasing policies; process receiving documents and monitor vendor payments; ensure all purchases are timely and tracked throughout the purchase process.
* Maintain required documentation for check and cash deposits. Process cash receipts for Institutional Advancement, Abilene Community Health Center, and Finance & Administration.
* Process monetary transactions accurately and comply with Institutional monetary policies for handling funds.
* Reconcile student fee reports; monitor student spending and enrollment; make necessary updates to master worksheets.
* Follow and become familiar with all policies and procedures; maintain required documentation and submit information in a timely manner.
* Retrieve copier and postage usage reports on first working day of each month and clear totals; prepare monthly billings to other departments for postage use, copier use, and machine leases using FITS system.
* Process facility requests.
* Monitor departmental office supply levels and maintain list of departmental needs for purchasing consideration; research purchasing options to ensure best pricing.
* Direct phone calls made to the general campus number to the appropriate employee or resource.
* Greet all employees, students, and campus guests in a professional manner and direct visitors to appropriate suite/office. Respond to unexpected situations with prompt and professional attention.
Bachelor's degree plus two (2) years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or progressively responsible related experience to equal six (6) years.
Knowledge of governmental accounting experience with budget development and management. Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Delivers excellent customer service.
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.
Pay Grade Minimum
Pay Grade Maximum
First Line Other Admn
Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Air Force Specialty Code
Army Military Occupational Specialty Code
15P, 36B, 42A, 56M, 68J, 88H, 88N, 89A, 89B, 92A, 92Y
Marine Military Occupational Specialty Code
0111, 3372, 6046
Navy Enlisted Classification Code
AZ, LS, MC, PS, RP, YN
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/jobs/default.aspx
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.