Director of Ancillary Services
Directs, plans, coordinates and supervises the operation and activities of a specialized unit or small department; develops and implements policies and procedures, administers the budget, organizes tasks and sets priorities. Serves as liaison with university personnel and community at large. Works under general supervision with broad latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Org Level 7
691015 - Montford Trusty Camp
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Montford Trusty Camp
• Functions as ancillary (shared) services director in a healthcare setting, primarily overseeing Materials Management, Medical Records, Accreditation Specialist, Phlebotomy, and other support functions, for a 128-bed managed care inpatient and outpatient medical facility and a 550 behavioral health facility.
• Directs provision of care and ancillary services at the Regional Medical Facility for TTUHSC Managed Care at the John Montford unit, Supports and manages to achieve TDCJ Operation and ACA standards for Access to Care, promotes an appropriate legal and compliance environment.
• Ensures accountability and proper allocation of financial and physical resources.
• Participates in planning and management of the American Correctional Association (ACA) Accreditation regional process. Directs and oversees the completion of ACA folders for the Unit, including the collecting and uploading proofs of compliance.
• Ensures effective management of healthcare services and materials, requiring frequent use of principled judgment guided by institutional and departmental policy and professional standards.
• Provides regional leadership, supervision, direction, communication, organization, and monitoring to administrative, clinical, and support staff involved in the provision of health care services in the Montford Regional Medical Facility.
• Directs and assists in collecting, compiling, and reviewing statistical data.
• Directs the materials management/supply department for the John Montford Unit.
About Managed Care:
Since 1989, TTUHSC Managed Care has been providing clinical and operational support to correctional facilities throughout West Texas and other regional areas. We serve approximately 30,000 patients utilizing a broad range of comprehensive medical and health services. TTUHSC Managed Care strives to positively impact the lives of our patients, to include many who had no previous access to quality health care. Learn more about TTUHSC Managed Care
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
Bachelor's degree in related area required plus five years progressively responsible management experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
• Ability to lead and direct the work/job functions of others. Knowledge of TTUHSC Managed Care policies and procedures for the delivery of health care in addition to TTUHSC operations policies.
• Work experience with healthcare entities, state/governmental agencies preferred.
• Excellent command of the English language with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to do complex reasoning concepts and procedures; and to anticipate and resolve issues at all levels.
• Ability to multi-task a variety of issues daily, to manage support staff in a clinical setting, and communicate and interact effectively with others while engaged in unusually difficult or involved work.
• Knowledge of supply chain principles and best practices.
• Knowledge of healthcare medical records laws, principles, and best practices.
• Knowledge of institutional and departmental organizational structure, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations preferred.
• Knowledge of healthcare accreditation requirements, specifically American Correctional Association.
• Skill to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies, procedures and to evaluate accreditation and unit activities.
• Skill in organization processes and attention to detail to prepare and maintain accurate records, files, and reports.
Resume / CV
Professional/Personal Reference, Recommendation/Referral
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.
Pay Grade Minimum
Pay Grade Maximum
First line Managers
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/jobs/default.aspx
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.