|Job Title||Student Employee - Greenhouse & Horticulture Assistant|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Federal Work Study or Institutional Work Study|
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm
|Work Week||0-20 Hours|
|Work Week-Other Information|
|Application Review Begins|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
· Background Check
· Completion of New Employee Training
· Must be currently enrolled in at least 3 credit
hours for Fall/Spring semester
· Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above (if first semester
student, GPA requirement is waived)
· If student qualifies for Federal Work Study, the
student will be hired as a Federal Work Study
employee to utilize these funds.
Assist in maintaining the greenhouse and horticulture labs
|Reports to||Dean of Career and Technical Education|
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities||
1. Water, fertilize, prune, clean, and propagate plants in the greenhouse.
2. Clean workspaces and pots.
3. Place and care for arrangements/plants around campus.
4. Assist with hydroponic systems as necessary.
|Required Education||High School graduate or equivalent|
|Other Required Qualifications|
|Skills and Specifications||
- Position requires frequent bending, stretching, and
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand up to 4 hours
When inquiring or applying for positions at McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College .