Landscape Services Technician ll
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$36,000 + (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$17.31 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Landscape Services Technician supports that effort through the performance of skilled craftwork in the landscaping trade.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Ability to determine causes of operating errors and deciding how to complete and solve the issue.
• Ability to work with colleagues and troubleshoot, diagnose, and maintain landscaping with accuracy and speed, ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
• Able to recognize and observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ability to utilize computer technology to access data and communicate with others.
• Ability to maintain written equipment maintenance records. The ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer service.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending over, stooping, twisting, talking, hearing, climbing ladders, using stairs, reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, or crawling. Pushing or pulling 10-50 lbs., lifting 10-80 lbs., carrying 10-50 lbs., repetitive use of arms and legs, driving, balancing, manual dexterity-fine manipulation or grasping. May require working in adverse weather conditions.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent plus two (2) years related experience.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday including nights and weekends.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for landscaping and maintaining grounds using hand powered tools and/or equipment. Performs a variety of tasks such as planting, trimming, sod laying, watering, and mowing, to maintain the areas around the college buildings, facilities and maintain landscaping equipment.
• Operates a variety of light to moderately heavy equipment used in landscape maintenance activities including trimming, mowing, watering grass and shrubs, pruning and maintaining grounds.
• Plant and transplant trees, shrubs, and flowers; sods grass, plants seed, pull weeds and spray fertilizer and insecticides.
• Report equipment repair problems to the Facility Manager.
• Picks up litter on the campus pavement and grounds area.
• Ensures the highest quality of landscaping maintenance work across all Dallas College locations and performs routine landscaping functions such as mowing, edging, and litter control.
• Maintains assigned equipment.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service and
• provides safe and healthy grounds for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
• Assists other facilities management teams as required.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Dallas College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dallas College are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Dallas College.