Student Engagement CoordinatorJob ID:
Georgia Southern - SavannahFull/Part Time:
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.Location
0430401 - Student ActivitiesJob Summary
Oversee training & leadership development, student advising and campus programming in the Office of Student Activities.Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational RequirementsRequired Experience
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Provide professional and programmatic oversight, guidance, and support for the co-curricular programs, activities, and events that provide a welcoming campus environment and support a diverse student population
- Provide leadership development/training opportunities and serve as a resource to 300+ registered student organizations and their faculty/staff advisor
- Facilitate and enhance current student engagement efforts including major programming
- Serve as leader and team player to promote goals and carry out the mission of the Division of Student Affairs, Office of Student Activities and Georgia Southern University
- Provide assistance in developing reports and graphical interpretation of data and information
- Serve on committees and represent the University at campus, community, and recruitment events
- Supervise graduate assistants
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Experience
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience which could include professional work experience, graduate assistantship experience, and/or appropriate collegiate experience
- Supervisory experience
- Student advising experience
- Collegiate programming experience
- Experience working with registered student organizations and advisors
- Budget management
$37,000 - $42,000This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Please provide three (2) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
August 12, 2022Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
.Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.Other Information
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
- No, this position will not be required to drive.
- This role is not considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position will not travel
- This position does not require security clearance.
Standard and EducationOther Information
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=246599&PostingSeq=1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions within Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Georgia Southern University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Georgia Southern University.