Human Resources Specialist II - Talent AcquisitionPosition Category:
Thousand OaksUniversity Background:
The mission of California Lutheran University is to educate leaders for a global society who are strong in character and judgment, confident in their identity and vocation, and committed to service and justice. Founded in 1959 in beautiful Ventura County, the university has an enrollment of about 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students who come from across the nation and around the world from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures and faiths. As a federally recognized Hispanic-Serving Institution, Cal Lutheran is looking for candidates with a dedication to and success in working in diverse communities. The university is committed to an inclusive learning and work environment that values individual differences and respects each person’s dignity.Basic Function:
Under the general direction of the Talent Acquisition and HR Operations Manager, the Human Resources Specialist II - Talent Acquisition will support on all talent acquisition needs — serving as a project manager, subject matter expert, and trusted guide for the inclusive and compliant hiring of top talent. The job duties associated within this position include all aspects associated with the: (1) talent acquisition activities and (2) assistance with Applicant Tracking System. This incumbent will infuse DEIJ into all aspects of the role to contribute to inclusive excellence and to ensure customer service to colleagues and candidates of all backgrounds feel represented and included.Representative Duties:
- Develop and maintain a trusted strategic partnership with hiring managers by utilizing recruitment strategies to conduct life cycle recruiting to attract top talent: sourcing, screening and interviewing. E
- Partner with the hiring manager and search committee (when required by the position) to establish a search timeline and provide guidance for the screening and interview processes. E
- Develop and implement advertising and social media recruitment strategies; manage job posting vendors to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the postings. E
- Review position descriptions to make sure the representative duties, knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) are pertinent to the essential functions of the positions and remove any exclusionary language, artificial barriers, unnecessary qualifications. E
- Review, provide support and consultation and confirm the application/interview evaluation criteria. E
- Review candidate pools for qualifications. E
- Partner with the Equity Advocate in the screen, interview and selection process to recognize stereotypes and implicit biases, take actions to eliminate inequity and promote DEIJ in the search process. E
- Provide support in compensation recommendations and offer presentation/negotiation. E
- Follow up with hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process and to clear the workflows in Applicant Tracking System. E
- Guide and answer questions of managements and employees regarding Applicant Tracking and Position Management Systems, workflows and related recruitment policies; follow up the workflow in Applicant Tracking and Position Management Systems to ensure the efficiency and accuracy. E
- Continuously explore new avenues for outreach and relationship building, both internal and external to the university. E
- May organize, and implement outreach efforts (college recruitment, diversity recruitment etc.); represent the University at recruiting events.
- Participate in the development of recruitment plans that emphasize supporting and executing the university’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Participate in salary survey and HR reports as needed; conduct classification and reclassification as assigned.
E=Essential DutiesKnowledge Of:
- Full cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques, search processes, and assessment methods
- Advanced knowledge in passive sourcing approaches, tools, and technologies.
- Federal and state laws, regulations and policies pertaining to recruitment, classification, and reclassification
- Organizational structure, grade levels and compensation structures.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Applicant tracking systems and/or CRM tools
- Large databases and reporting; using reports and data to identify trends and make recommendations
- Basic data analysis skills
- Strong business judgment, connecting human resources with organization goals/mission
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Customer service experience in high volume or fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Understand the talent needs and urgency of the customer base, with experience developing strategies and plans to address such needs.
- Identify the discriminatory factors in search process and documents; promotes DEIJ in recruitment/search process.
- Work well with a diverse workforce encompassing a variety of social styles. managerial styles, socioeconomic backgrounds, people from varied cultural backgrounds and employees at all organization levels.
- Streamline existing recruitment procedure and ensure complex programs are clear throughout the processes.
- Effectively organize and prioritize work activities in an environment where priorities are constantly shifting
- Handle multiple searches and deliver a high level of service to internal clients.
- Work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Manage projects through completion and meeting deadlines
- Conduct basic HR data analysis and complete recruitment/salary survey and reports.
Any combination equivalent to: a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, Marketing, or related field and two years of relevant experience in recruiting and sourcing in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and at least one year of work experience as in-house HR professional.Preferred Qualifications:
Higher Education experience in a private institution.Licenses and Other Requirements:
NonePhysical Abilities:Working Environment:
Dynamic office environment; diverse campus community; multiple interruptions; multiple project deadlines.Posting Number:
Staff001252022Number of Vacancies: Desired Start Date:
08/29/2022Position End Date: Open Date:
8/14/2022Open Until Filled:
NoApplication Procedure/Special Instructions:To apply, visit https://careers.callutheran.edu/postings/9578
California Lutheran University is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program, activity or facility of the University on the basis of these factors in a manner consistent with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, ordinances, orders and rules, and University’s policies, procedures, and processes.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at California Lutheran University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at California Lutheran University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center are posted, please sign up at new job openings at California Lutheran University.