The adjunct faculty member provides part-time instruction and monitor teaching/learning effectiveness in courses assigned by the Department Chair. Other essential functions include: Professionalism; Collegiality; Attendance, punctuality; Confidentiality; and Meeting Travel Requirements. The Department of Business & Communication at Cardinal Stritch University is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of adjunct faculty in Business beginning Fall 2022. Possible course to be taught include Global Business (3-credits), MW 11:00-12:20. This course introduces students to the concept of the multinational corporation and attempts to determine the extent to which effective business practices can be transferred across national boundaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Meets all classes according to established schedule
· Writes, revises and submits syllabi according to specific college requirements
· Provides appropriate assessment and grades
· Advises students regarding course selection and program progression
· Submits grades to registrar in the specified time frames
· Maintains regular posted office hours per week for advisement with students and be available for students who cannot meet during the assigned times
· Maintains a scholarly knowledge-base or a particular subject area
· Other duties as assigned
Applicants must have a Master's Degree in Business. Terminal degree in Business preferred.
Application Instructions: Please submit a curriculum vitae, a letter of interest expressing a) teaching philosophy, b) teaching experience, and c) evidence of effective teaching, along with the names and contact information of two references to:
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)