Instructional Technology Assistant
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$36,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$17.31 per hour
Provides teaching and learning support for faculty and staff in the Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning. This includes providing up to date information, troubleshooting issues, and creating support documentation to support instruction all modalities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
• Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer service.
• Effective using of problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in written and oral contexts with individuals and groups from varied backgrounds.
• Knowledge of college supported technology systems and instructional software used by faculty and staff.
• Demonstrated skills with learning management systems and Microsoft programs, especially Word, Excel, and Teams.
• Ability to use video conferencing software to host help sessions.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associate’s degree required
• One year customer service experience
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Provide teaching and learning support and troubleshooting technical issues for faculty.
• Create and review documentation and resources created for faculty.
• Maintain up to date knowledge on onboarding processes and tools.
• Train faculty on teaching and learning software and instructional tools.
• Keep abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be used to improve the student instructional experience.
• Serves on college committees as required.
• Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to the needs of the College.
• Completes required professional development training hours per academic year.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. The Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Assigned campus locations available at Eastfield or Richland campuses.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Dallas College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dallas College are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Dallas College.