POSITION PURPOSE: Within University Advancement, the Office of Annual Giving and Stewardship serves the campus community, its alumni, and its supporters. It is responsible for all aspects of annual fundraising and stewarding of gifts to the CSUB Foundation. This office manages relationships with donors through its maintenance of annual events and appeals.
The Annual Giving and Stewardship Coordinator, works independently under the general supervision of the Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship, and is responsible for the initial development and integrity of annual appeals and stewardship events. The incumbent identifies the needs and interests of various constituent groups and uses the results to create marketing programs to better position the university to achieve its fundraising goals. The incumbent is also responsible for the budget of the Office of Annual Giving and Stewardship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Annual Giving Appeals
- Assist with the execution of annual fundraising related activities for the University in support of annual goals.
- Under the direction of the AG&S Director, draft communications for donor solicitation in alignment with the University’s mission and identity to solicit gifts primarily in support of the CSUB Fund and other annual giving efforts.
- With oversight from the Director, execute the AG&S phone-a-thon program plan; serve as contact and liaison for student callers working within the University’s call center.
- Research past appeals and use the results to assist in creating annual appeals.
- Distribute director approved appeals to constituents.
- Track the results of the appeals and report it to the Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship.
- Track the results of the telemarketing outreach program and report it to the Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship.
- Stewardship Events and Communications
- Aid with ensuring that donors are acknowledged and appropriately recognized for their gifts to the CSUB Foundation.
- Review and execute all gift acknowledgments, stewardship letters, pledge statements and endowment reports.
- Assist the department with special donor-centered events that are communicated and scheduled with appropriate officials and targeted guests in collaboration with the Office of Events.
- With direction from the AG&S Director, complete the editing, design, and collating of the endowed scholarship stewardship reports for distribution to donors.
- Edit and distribute endowed scholarship reports.
- Assist in planning and implementing the annual Scholarship Endowment Reception.
- Maintain the acknowledgement of donors by following the processes and policies in place.
- Administrative Support
- Review actual transaction reports and report any edits to the Accounting Office.
- Track the budget for each appeal and event and report the final numbers to the Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship.
- Other Job Duties
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Attend training and maintain skill currency as appropriate to safely and effectively complete assignments.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or another related field and one year of professional experience in fundraising/annual giving, marketing, social media management, communications, public relations, or related field.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Firm understanding of annual giving and the donor recognition process.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and competence with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- Experience working in higher education advancement
- Specific experience with annual fund work
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge donor records database system
- Experience with Emma email marketing software
- Experience with RNL Scalefunder software
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
LIGHT WORK – involves mainly sitting, up to 25% standing or walking; lifting medium weight objects limited to 25 pounds.
General Information: It is the policy of California State University, Bakersfield to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to present documentation verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be requested to present a social security card at the time of initial appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
EEO Statement: California State University, Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.
When inquiring or applying for positions within California State University, Bakersfield, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with California State University, Bakersfield and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at California State University, Bakersfield are posted, please sign up at new job openings at California State University, Bakersfield.