Position Title: Web Designer
The University Web Designer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of content for the University website and its sub-sites, including visual design, usability, and collaborating with stakeholders on content creation. This position promotes improvements to the site by examining web analytics, industry trends, and features to improve the SEO ranking of the university. This position is University marketing focused, providing guidance to stakeholders on ways to present information to prospective students, parents, and community members, that promote the vision and mission of the university. The web designer is required to work closely with the Technology Services department for updates to the CMS, web server maintenance, and campus communications tools.
- Create and maintain content for the university site and sub-sites, including visual design and usability.
- Develop project timelines and production schedules and coordinate with faculty/staff to implement changes in a timely and organized manner.
- Provide communication/training to department stakeholders on how to navigate and use sites.
- Coordinate the implementation and use of web analytics and SEO, and report recommendations for site improvements to university stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Technology Services department for CMS updates and feature improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Web page design and development
- Content management systems, especially WordPress
- Graphic design applications, including InDesign and other Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Google Analytics and SEO
- Demonstrated skill as a team member, and possibly a team leader
- Project management, time management and task prioritization
- Effective Communication Skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Experience in responding well to stakeholders' design requests.
- Bachelor's degree in web design, graphic design, or related field.
- Two years of web design or web programming experience.
- Experience with multiple coding languages.
- Understanding of UX/UI (user experience/user interface) design
- Good visual design sense
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus.
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to sit, stand, and bend at the knee and waist, and walk.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
May require some night and weekends.
Hours of Work
M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .