Students Accounts Receivable Manager
The Student Accounts Receivable Manager assists and collaborates with the ?Assistant Controller for Student Accounts to successfully maintain departmental policies and procedures, ensure Title IV regulatory compliance, maintain third party relationships, and to supervise the accounts receivable and cashiering staff; and balances and reconciles various student receivable accounts assuring regulatory compliance.
- Will supervise Accounts Receivable and Cashiering Staff
- Oversees and coordinates student accounts receivable, cashiering, collections, and accounting processes. supervises, evaluates, and trains personnel making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations.
- Responsible for tuition credit appeals, institutional loans, book vouchers, financial aid disbursements, and refund checks.
- Assists with the cash management process of Title IV funds; assists in the preparation of the Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate (FISAP); assists with reconciling awards to disbursements and disbursements to general ledger for Title IV funds.
- Maintains third party collection relationships and approves legal action.
- Assists with the development, implementation and maintaining accounts receivable and collections policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and collaborate with the Assistant Controller for Student Accounts on departmental policies and procedures to improve office efficiency.
- Assists with audits, balances and/or verifies posting of student accounts receivable to the general ledger and coordinates the monthly billing process.
- Maintains student accounts receivable database and document imaging system. Analyses systematic errors and determines required course of correction action.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Federal Title IV regulations;
- Federal Educational Privacy Act;
- Federal and Missouri Fair Debt Collection laws & practices;
GASB rules and regulations;
- Multiple desktop software packages.
- Analysis of raw data;
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical thinking
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field and
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated progressively responsible accounting experience.
- OR an Associate Degree and a minimum of five years of experience.
- Two years supervisory and/or project management experience, experience in a higher education and/or non-profit environment preferred.
•Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Incumbent may be subjected to occasional travel.
Hours of Work
M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .