Position Title: Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant may assist in the daily operational management of a department, including customer service, and administrative support duties. This position will support the Department of Academic Affairs, Graduate Studies and work in the Provost's office.
- Serves as initial contact, answers telephones, emails, assesses and responds to inquiries, provides appropriate information and direction, scheduling classroom or event space, processes mail and packages.
- Prepares and reviews reports, forms, and documents; ensures compliance with policies and campus procedures; schedules and prepares for meetings and/or special events.
- Processes purchase orders and remittance vouchers, maintains office supplies, and collects and deposits miscellaneous monies.
- Assigns and supervises the work of student employees.
- Serves as operational liaison to other departments, campus, and community
- Assists in the coordination and publicity of departmental activities and events, including the design of brochures, newsletters, or invitations.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Facilitating and supporting graduate enrollment
- Maintaining and updating facility software
- Advising campus organizations
- Operating standard printing and binding equipment
- Preparing bids
- Registering and enrolling students in a class
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, service oriented while interacting with internal and external customers
- Clear and effective written communication in interaction with students, coworkers, administration and the general public
- Collaborative & team focused
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties and tasks; time management
- Ability to learn new tools and equipment with training
- Basic mathematics
- Research, preparation, and analysis of data
- Communication, as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, administration and the general public
- High School diploma or GED; and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word; and
- One year of administrative support or related office experience
- Two or more years of administrative support or related experience
Sedentary work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
May require occasional night or evening work
Hours of Work
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .