The D’Youville Physician Assistant Department seeks a well-qualified candidate for the position of Program Coordinator. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) technical support staff position located in Buffalo, New York. This role will work with the existing Program Coordinator to provide administrative support to the PA Department during the didactic and clinical phases of education, and with accreditation and assessment related activities. This position will be eligible for the D’Youville University’s four-day work week initiative.
Primary Duties: Administrative Support
- Monitor and respond to program emails
- Support the day to day administrative, programmatic, and budgetary operations of the department/program
- Serve as a point of contact for the PA program to field inquiries
- Coordinates and supervises the hiring of work study and graduate assistants
- Maintain current database of instructional faculty
- Proctor Exams, as needed
- Track and monitor student academic progress
- Update the webpage/catalog under the direction of the program director
- Process purchase requests, order office/lab supplies, services performed, etc.
- Creates and maintains student files
- Support and assist PA program director with data collection, preparation and completion of annual reports and other reports as assigned
- Prepare and organize admission application documents, facilitate distribution to faculty for review; create and maintain a database for all applicants via CASPA portal
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of interview days
- Along with the clinical coordinator, oversee the clinical rotation schedule and assist in managing clinical placements and rotations
- Assist the clinical coordinator in managing monthly student database rotation surveys.
- Update clinical site/preceptor database in E*Value or other portals and software.
- Maintaining current records for preceptor licenses and credentials.
Primary Duties: Accreditation and Assessment Support
- Assist with all aspects of the accreditation process, including but not limited to, scheduling visits, preparing materials, editing reports, maintaining records, and responding to inquiries.
- Assist curricular and co-curricular areas in continuous improvement related to accreditation.
- Develop executive summary reports, trackers and checklists, and other reporting formats as assigned.
- Identify trends and patterns in data sets and create data visualizations.
- Support the PA department in fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Integrate data from multiple software applications.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of all institutional and system data and information.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills, including presentations and briefings.
- Knowledge of or experience managing evidence documents.
- Experience managing multiple complex priorities, often with limited time frames.
- Detail-oriented with strong writing, editing, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience meeting deadlines on time.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Three years of experience working with regional accreditation standards, reports, and initiatives.
- Knowledge or experience reviewing accreditation standards, evaluating level of compliance, identifying challenges, and proposing solutions.
- Knowledge of integrated program planning, development, and administration within an institutional environment.
- Professional experience in higher education or accreditation.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics and Microsoft Forms.
- Experience with specialized program accreditation: Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private university and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. All job offers are contingent upon legal authorization to be employed in NYS as determined by NYS DOL. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyc.edu/.
When inquiring or applying for positions at D’Youville College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at D’Youville College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at D’Youville College.