The Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences of the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine invites applications for a faculty position in Community Practice. This position will be a full time, 12 month, clinical-track faculty position. The successful candidate will share service and teaching responsibilities with three other Community Practice faculty.
* Teaching will include clinical instruction of professional students, interns, and residents in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and didactic and laboratory instruction in professional curriculum. Community Practice supports an ABVP residency-training program, and the successful candidate will share responsibilities associated with resident training. There will be an expectation of dedication toward teaching.
* Service will include management of patients and clients in the Community Practice section of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital with an emphasis on preventative health care and routine medical, surgical and dental procedures. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in continuing education programs of the College and participation in faculty governance activities.
* The applicant must be committed to excellent patient management and client service.
* Creative scholarship contributions are expected and will be commensurate with faculty assignment.
* Approximately 75% of effort will be in clinical instruction and service with the remaining efforts in didactic instruction, governance activities, scholarship and professional development.
* Generous retirement contributions by the institution
* Student loans payment support
* Paid moving expenses
* Negotiable percentage of time allocated for clinical service, teaching, and research
* Salary will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate's experience and qualifications.
* 24 days per year of leave and carry over of 288 hours per year.
* Twenty-six weeks (1,040 hours) of personal sick leave upon hire. Ten days can be used for family sick.
* Paid parental leave (320 hours) used for birth, adoption, foster or custodial placement of a child and is available up to 6 months from date of event. Can be used in addition to other leave. Must have been employed for 12 consecutive months.
* Thousands of Hokie discounts managed by PerkSpot
* Qualifications include DVM or equivalent degree, a minimum of 5 years of small animal practice experience and/or board eligibility or board certification in the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners or American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. Candidates without board certification would be expected to achieve ABVP certification as a condition of reappointment consideration.
* ABVP (canine/feline) board certification or board eligibility
* Experience and interest in canine and feline dentistry
* Track record of teaching excellence
* Multiple years of clinical experience
September 30, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Michael Nappier at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.